Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Learn more

Path of the Gods: Praiano To Positiano

moderate(61)
Praiano, Campania, Italy

Path of the Gods: Praiano To Positiano is a 3.5 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Praiano, Campania, Italy that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from April until November.

Distance: 3.5 miles Elevation Gain: 1,771 feet Route Type: Point to Point

This is a less commonly hiked direction of the trail and is slightly more challenging, though it is still a moderate hike. The beginning will have a lot of stairs. From the endpoint you can return to Positano by bus, or take the bus to other towns such as Amalfi as well.

flooded

Began in Praiano and took ~2,000 steps to connect to path and walk down into Positano. The stairs up are HARD. Less uneven than I imagined, but 1,843ft of elevation in a single mile is no joke. Left around 9a and with a rising sun at your back it'll kick your butt a bit, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Path itself is one of the most beautiful, rewarding hikes I've done. There's lots of uneven ground, and many hikers used poles. I am an avid hiker and knees are in good shape and was able to manage without, but if you're unsure, just be safe. That said, if you have really bad knees, this hike might not be a great choice. The stairs down into Positano are mostly in good shape, but that's a LOT of stairs for anyone to take. I didn't see another human on my way up from Praiano, but the trail became heavily trafficked immediately upon linking up with Path of the Gods, even on a random Tuesday in October. There's a place to refill water at the top before continuing on Path of the Gods, and there are facilities a little further along as well. I did solo but heard great things from some other travelers about guided versions of this hike as well.

Very steep ascent up from Praiano, stunning views. Small monastery in the way up which sells lemonade. Continues up to link in with the main Path of the Gods trail. Amazing views over both Praiano and Positano, then a steep descent. Small town half way down where you can buy fresh lemon slushys. Continue down steep stairs and you end up on the road about 10 minutes walk from Positano.

Great hike; not for the non-athletic. ~2000 stairs from Priaino to the Convent. From the Convent, you will traverse several kilometres across rocky and uneven terrain. Some points require 3 points of contact. I definitely recommend a decent trail or hiking shoe. The hike brings endless beautiful views. At the trails end in Positano you will find a great “cafe” to enjoy homemade lemonade.

It was a long one. My wife and I did this as our first hike as a married couple and we haven’t filed for divorce yet. In all seriousness it was beautiful. We continued our walk to Positano and the beach was well worth it.

We started off maybe a little to enthusiastic. Began our hike from bottom of Praiano with as many steps as we could (took the steps instead of pathways) so, when we started the path of gods, we were already out of breath... But I must say its a great experience. The scenery is breathtaking (as if climbing wasn't enough...LOL). I honestly think it is well worth the work... We are 52 year old hikers (about 5 half day hikes in many different terrains: from Canadian mountains to Utah Zion landing)...but this Path of the Gods in 3h was very strenuous.... But again, we might have just started to fast or it was an off day for me. I still strongly suggest you go do it...The scenery is worth the workout.

Great hike. Took about 3 hours, but we were enjoying the views. Feels like time warp with guys walking donkeys with tiles and cement tied to their backs. Well worth it. In Positano went to beach and got watertaxi back to Praiano, which took 20 minutes and 50 Euro for three of us - definitely the way to go.

This hike took me 2 hours and 40 Minutes from my AirBnB in the center of Praiano to the center of Positano. My tracker said it was just over 7 miles. A little more difficult than I was expecting, but I think anyone in decent shape can do this hike. Prepare for a ton of stairs!

I have given this 5 stars for the breathtaking views and scenery. We started in Nocelle and hiked for about 1.5hours, couldn’t do it all day so we turned around and hiked back. It was a good moderate with some nature walk areas hike. Most parts of the hike had a rail. Definitely would do it again if you got some time for the hike even just part of it, do it!!

Absolutely beautiful hike! Took me about 3 hours but I had to cut through Praiano a bit to get to the trailhead which took 30-40 mins. At the end of the hike, it was packed and I had to slow down a lot. Highly recommend if you're in the area.

We started in Priano, walked up the stairs which were easy to find as signs directed us. We knew the steps started next to local bus stop 19.

Sat Oct 06 2018

A breathtaking walk with panoramic views each corner you turn. The first 50 minutes felt like a tough step class at the gym but then got easier. It’s a must!

Sat Sep 22 2018

Beautiful hike but not 3.5 miles, my Garmin logged it 5.25. Water at the top of the Praiano section near the homes is nice. Of course steps and more steps but the views are worth it!! Busy in sections but not too bad

Fri Sep 21 2018

Almost 5 miles if you take variant that starts in the west side of Praiano. See my recording.