Vernazza to Monterosso

Vernazza to Monterosso is a 3.7 kilometer heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Vernazza, Piedmont, Italy that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until November.

3.7 km
210 m
Point to Point

beach

great hike. trail is very narrow in places. uneven terrain and stairs in numerous locations. I left Vernazza at 830am, when I arrived in Monterossa there was an attendant charging people for access to the trail. no attendant at Vernazza. I have no idea if you hike early it's free or I just got lucky. the climb from Monterossa is very, very steep and long.

It’s definitely a challenging trail.

Incredible views throughout! Definitely not for the faint of heart or those wearing flip-flops. You will sweat. A lot. Bring water, wear sturdy shoes or better yet hiking boots. Bring a few euros for a chance encounter with an 80 year-old man selling fresh squeezed orange juice and grapes along the way!

Very crowded and hot! No shade, but coming into Vernazza is worth it! The climb up and the descent are steep.

Beautiful hike, we went from Monterosso to Vernazza. I liked doing the steepest section at the beginning. Picturesque hike and some stunning views.

loved this hike with my family. Beautiful views the whole time.

Rating it only a 3 because it was a LOT harder than the easy ratings I saw here. My iPhone app said we did over 59 “floors”. It is only 2.3 miles or so, but the up and down, and the footing made it pretty tough on this 64 year old! Took us 2.5 hours going from Monterosso to Vernazza. Views were spectacular to be sure. But it was not easy.

recorded from Vernazza