Lake of Barcis Loop

Lake of Barcis Loop is a 5.6 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Barcis, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and mountain biking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.6 km Elevation Gain: 108 m Route Type: Loop

partially paved

city walk

historic site

Yesterday I went to complete this hike, sadly the trail was out so I improvised and made a day of it anyway. This hike was one of the most beautiful places I have seen. I parked at the far end of town and made my way around the lake via the city. Once I made it around to the other side I decided to take the trail out to Celena Gorge and further on at Del Dint. I would say the trails are moderately hard and you need to have good shoes with plenty of grip.

Saturday, August 25, 2018

A tour of the Barcis Lake which, if done as per GPS, also has a good part of the route. Very scenic the whole day not rainy and visit two gorges that meet along the way. Recommended after 2 days of training sessions. Relevant historical points.

Friday, August 25, 2017