Help keep our trails and parks open during COVID-19 by committing to social distancing. Some trails or park services may be closed this weekend so check with local authorities before heading out.
Learn more

Zuc Castle to Cucagna Castle Loop is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Faedis, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and road biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length 2.8 mi Elevation gain 603 ft Route type Loop

Dogs on leash

Kid friendly

Hiking

Nature trips

Road biking

Walking

Partially paved

River

Views

Waterfall

Wild flowers

Wildlife

City walk

Historic site

Description
Waypoints (0)

Take the Grivò stream before climbing to the Zuc Castle and then to the Cucagna Castle. These are two castles assigned by the Patriarch Popone of Aquileia to the Auspergh Counts of Carinthia. The first one is from 1248 and the top one from 1027 was built by the same Counts who later expanded it in 1300. They are the 5th and 6th castles of the 10 or 11 total from Nimis to Natisone (from Cregneu to Biaicis). Take the trail tour to the Church of San Rocco for this medieval path.

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (5)
Photos (15)
Recordings (3)
Completed (4)
roberto clochiatti
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 8, 2019

easy walk, very nice ancient trail with a mixture of scenery and history.

Ines S.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 21, 2019
HikingPrivate propertyRocky

Il sentiero è molto bello e difficile, belli i castelli e la vista. Penso sia poco adatto a bambini

View Ines's Recording
Raoul Tommasi Crudeli
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 10, 2018
Hiking
First to Review

Loop of the Grivò stream before climbing to the "Dei Zuc" castle and then to the Cucagna castle. Two castles assigned by the Patriarch Popone of Aquileia to the Auspergh Counts of Carinthia. The first one is from 1248 and the top one from 1027 was built by the same Counts who later expanded it in 1300. They are 2 of the 10 or 11 Castles ranging from Nimis to Natisone (from Cregneu to Biaicis) that's why the Roman numeration. You arrive and take the trail tour to the Church of San Rocco for medieval paths!

Cristina Covre
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 24, 2020
Hiking
View Cristina's Recording
Stefano Rizzotti
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 24, 2020
Hiking
View Stefano's Recording