Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Learn more

Valle di Rose and Valle Jannanghera from Civitella Alfedena

hard(3)
National Park of Abruzzo, Lazio and Molise

Valle di Rose and Valle Jannanghera from Civitella Alfedena is a 8.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Civitella Alfedena, Abruzzo, Italy that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips.

Distance: 8.7 miles Elevation Gain: 3,215 feet Route Type: Loop

Nice and smooth trail combining deep, fairytale-look-a-like forests with great views on the top of the plateau. The elevation is reached really easy.

My husband and I were visiting the National Park and decided to make this day hike. It was my second hike ever, and it was the hardest I have ever done so far! My husband and I are very active and fit people, this one was a tough cookie! Be sure to have at least 3 big bottles of water and a sandwich to restore your energy once at the top, because I am telling you the first half all going uphill, it’s a bitch! But once completed, you will feel so happy and satisfied! The view is beautiful, of course. We encountered a fox, that we didn’t feed because part of wild nature, nor touch her, we just took a pic with it! :) be sure to have hiking sticks, we didn’t have any and we improvised with tree branches. Hiking shoes are a must to protect your ankle and knees, since this trail is very hard on your joints. Just be psychologically prepare and you’ll have a blast!