The Complete Wicklow Way

The Complete Wicklow Way is a 129.6 kilometer moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Brockagh, Wicklow, Ireland that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

130 km
6420 m
Point to Point

The complete Wicklow Way, walked over five days. The individual entries with more details are linked below but this page is just here so you can enjoy the slideshow of the full trip! Wicklow Way: Day 1 - Marlay Park to Knockree Wicklow Way: Day 2 - Knockree to Glendalough Wicklow Way: Day 3 - Glendalough to Iron Bridge Wicklow Way: Day 4 - Iron Bridge to Tinahely Wicklow Way Day 5 - Tinahely to Clonegal

My wife and I went to Ireland just for this trail. We were able to complete it in 7 days, staying at B&Bs each night along the way. We took the path from South to North, however, starting our trek in Clonegal and ending at Marlay Park in Dublin. I am glad we took this direction, as it made the trail get more interesting the farther we got in. The southern section of the trail is mostly farm land with trails through pine woods. There are quite a few stretches where we were walking on roads with cars periodically whizzing past us. In my opinion, this was the best way to experience a new country; walking through it. The countryside is gorgeous, as are the wooded areas. We did not see too many other walkers until we got near Glendalough, so that was nice as well. I do think I assumed it was going to be easier than it was. Some of the uphill stretches are much more steep than some of the mountain hikes near Los Angeles. Also, we carried all of our items in our packs, and if I could do it over again, I would have brought less clothing. I would have brought maybe 2 outfits of athletic materials that I could wash in the sink and dry overnight. My pack was about 30lb, and after 12-13 miles each day, it got pretty cumbersome.