Glendalough 'White' Route

Glendalough 'White' Route is a 8.7 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Wicklow, County Wicklow, Ireland that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 8.7 km Elevation Gain: 445 m Route Type: Loop

Completed in fantastic weather with my 15 month old in a child carrier backpack. After the first climbing section with the sleepers it mellowed out. Baby loved the sounds and all the people to smile at.

Decent hike. We did it clockwise. There are sleepers all the way up. Lots of easy steps. View at top is great. Going down to river is easy too. After that the descent is a bit rockier... so it just slows you down. Final bit is flat to the car park. Great places for picnic on top or by river. Our dog came with us in lead. Recommend in almost any weather.

Really nice day walk.

great scenic walk

Nice trail with a wide diversity of landscapes start on the lower part, following the lake. It will be easier and more interesting. You'll also not start with 1000 steps to go straight to the upper part and you'll have better views.

A great walk.

Awesome hike! Refreshing view and landscape

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Lovely views , went up with a 2 year old , well worth a hike

Tuesday, June 05, 2018

Fun. The board tracks take time getting used to but they are necessary for wet conditions I’m sure

Friday, February 09, 2018

It’s a great hike. We went when I was snowy so it was quite icy. We went clockwise and I am happy we did the stairs first. It’s a beautiful view and it took us about 3:30 because of the wind, ice and snow.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Completed on Sept. 13 2017. Wonderful hike! My sister and I have hiked in lots of locations around the world, we both agreed that this one was incredibly unique. Views of ruins, lakes, wildlife including sheep, deer and goats. Do the hike counterclockwise around lake. Makes summiting the mountain much more enjoyable!

recorded Glendalough 'White' Route