Benbulben Forest Walk

Benbulben Forest Walk is a 7.2 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near Grange, Sligo County, Ireland that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from April until October.

7.2 km
180 m

Looped walk around the Northwest foot of Benbulben with great views.

My husband and I completed the loop this morning. It’s very well maintained and easy to do. It’s pretty flat with some very small inclines. Unfortunately it was quite misty so we did not see the views we had hoped to but we will be back. Note: there is a clay shooting area in the middle that we were not aware of.

There are some nice views looking up Benbulben and of the countryside. The trail runs around the outside of the wood and finishes by running through a logged out area. The smaller loop through the forest is still a wide gravel road; personally I would rather walk in the forest with some trail blazes and do without the manicured trail. It's not a wilderness hike but would be a good spot for a morning jog.