Clare Glens Loop Walk is a 3.5 kilometer loop trail located near Newport, County Tipperary, Ireland that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips.

Distance: 3.5 km Elevation Gain: 79 m Route Type: Loop

This easy forest walk journeys past waterfalls, rock pools and rapids, and presents stunning photographic opportunities. The Clare Glens is a wooded area along the banks of the Clare River, which separates counties Limerick and Tipperary. The scenery is breathtaking, with wild dense forest combined with the calm rushing of the crystal clear waters. The Glens consist of a picturesque red sandstone gorge through which the Clare River flows and displays numerous waterfalls. This loop walk is part of the network of National Looped Walks and are marked using the standard National Looped Walk directional arrows.

Lovely trail, I personally tried to walk quite close to the river but if you do so be mindful cause it’s very slippery! If you follow the route, the trail is totally fine and safe. I found this trail very different than the Irish trails I’ve done so far, the atmosphere it’s absolutely stunning! 100% recommended.

It's always my favourite place and I always recommend to my friends as first destination to explore near Limerick. My 3 year old enjoys the little adventure walking next to the river.

This is still my fave walk ever. Stunning

one of my favourite places to go for an easy yet enjoyable peaceful walk. When the Rhodedendron are in bloom it's stunning. Ample parking, picnic tables, toilets & kids play are also.

Friday, June 15, 2018

Lovely scenic walk, easy trail.

Thursday, November 09, 2017

Nice and easy walk

Monday, October 10, 2016

Brilliant spot! My two girls 6 and 4 really enjoyed the adventurous walk along side the beautiful waterfalls.

Tuesday, August 21, 2018