Mount Rinjani (Sembalun to Senaru)

hardYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(21)
Mount Rinjani National Park

Mount Rinjani (Sembalun to Senaru) is a 22.1 mile point-to-point trail located near Lombok Utara, Sumbawa, Indonesia that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and backpacking.

Distance: 22.1 miles Elevation Gain: 11,040 feet Route Type: Point to Point

nice

I’m from Miami, FL where the earth is flat and this was my first ever hike. I don’t know what I was thinking I have no business hiking stuff like this. It took us about 8-9 hours to get to the camping site. If I could have broken this hike up into two or three days maybe I wouldn’t be so bitter. This hike made me want to die. It was foggy, cold, and wet 90% of the time. You only get a clear view for a few hours in the morning. It’s a shame the mountain is full of trash, “trash mountain” we referred to it. It’s so darn beautiful though, wish it was cleaner. Would I do it again? Never in a million years, but also glad I did it.

Best hike ever, made it to the top but was very hard with lava rock. Worth it at the top and very very cold!!! Bring gloves, tuque avnd a warm coat!

Incredible hike with breathtaking sun rise views at the summit. Completed this hike in two nights/three days, however, there are different options for however many nights you’d like to spend. Incredible crater views, rocky trails, hot springs and more. The last few km to the summit are incredibly difficult (especially with a 2am wake up). The trail is very steep and can be narrow at times, use caution. We had a range of weather throughout the journey but it was sunny with light rain for the most part. Warning: there is tons of waste all throughout the hike (including human waste) as none gets packed down. Very heartbreaking to see, but try to do your part and don’t contribute to the waste.

Best hike ever!!! Did the 3d2n trip in july 2018 and did not regret it. Like our guide said, it is the crazy program.

Incroyable randonnée avec un point de vue superbe

Fri Sep 28 2018

Good

Thu Aug 30 2018

Summitted Rinjani in 2015. The trail is absolutely brutal at times and the views are worth it. Unfortunately, trash and waste is everywhere. Cleaning the place up would be a monumental task. Still have to give it 5 stars. Humbling experience.

Tue Jul 17 2018

The trail is short but offers beautiful views of the crater, Lombok and the surrounding islands. Trail is intensely overused and suffers greatly from mass failure to follow Leave No Trace principles. Human and inorganic waste is everywhere in the campsites and common along the trail.

Sat May 12 2018

Most challenging hike I've done

Mon May 15 2017

Plan a 6d5n itinerary to be comfortable and soak in the beautiful sights and sounds. the popular itinerary 3d2n is definitely rushed, tiring and offers what this trail deserves! Good luck!

Sat Sep 15 2018