Mount Agung

Mount Agung is a 13.7 kilometer out and back trail located near Banjar Besakih, Bali, Indonesia that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking.

13.7 km
2066 m

Mount Agung is Bali's highest point. It takes about two hours to get to the top, and most people leave around 2:30am to see the sun rise from the top of the volcano.

did this hike end of june 2016. worth it! must do if you are a hiker. it was definitely challenging, so unless I have my hikes messed up, I would rate it hard, no switchbacks, just straight up :) . We started early am, hiking in the rain and dark until we got above the clouds. The one bummer was that we made good time so we had to wait to do the summit for 30 mins, would have liked to have had another layer, bc we got very cold. we made it to see the sunrise at the summit!

Guide is a must, I wish I could remember our guides name, I will try to find out and edit my post.

Arguably the greatest hike of my life. Not for the hike itself - because we did it in the dead of night and most of the way you're holding vines because of the grade. But we summited at sunrise and it was truly incredible - you can see the entire perimeter of Bali. You have to hire a guide to do this hike. Don't do Batur, it's a tourist walk, this is where it's at.