Laugavegur Trail

Laugavegur Trail is a 52.5 kilometer heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Vík í Mýrdal, Suðurland, Iceland that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until August.

52.5 km
1650 m
Point to Point

hot springs

This is the most famous trail in Iceland. A 4-day trek across the Icelandic wilderness - polychrome mountains, lava fields, black sand deserts, geothermal springs, glaciers, lakes, icy river-crossings, grassy plains and forests. This walk really has it all - simply magnificent!

Great walk. We actually walked all the way to Skógar with an extra day-hike in the Þórsmörk valley. So, 7 days in total.
Truly amazing landscape but very crowded in summer (although a river crossing is easier because you'll see where others are crossing). Unfortunately no wildcamping allowed.

Very beautifull trail

Amazing trail... only difficult in extreme weather which we encountered one day of the 4. I was initially worried about the weather as we were camping in a tent all three nights but I felt very confident in our REI Quarterdome tent with a few extra guy lines that I usually would not need in the Sierras. Anyone worried about tackling this tent camping the whole way without a guide shouldn't be. As long as you have the appropriate gear you will be fine. There is no such thing as cold, wet and miserable, it just means that you were under prepared.

The most beautiful place

Amazing run with my wife to celebrate our one year anniversary. Stayed at the Hvanngil hut half way. Ran with our excellent guide Birkir, which also turned out to be a brilliant chef!( www.arcticrunning.is )

Probably the world's greatest trail.

I did this trail when I went to Iceland last summer (2016) with my native friend and as well as being considerably difficult to reach the top of one of the mountains through rocky, snowy, and other kinds of terrain, it was also indescribably beautiful and would do it all 1000 times over.
I only regret that I didn't have the app at the time of my time here.

Friday, November 04, 2016

Scenery was unlike anything I've ever seen!

Monday, October 17, 2016

Amazing trail that can be really hard when the weather conditions are not ok. On this trail you can see everything that Iceland has to offer: volcano, hot springs, rivers with drinking water, glacier, waterfalls etc.