FImmvorduhals

FImmvorduhals is a 24.8 kilometer moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Rangárþing eystra, Suðurland, Iceland that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September.

24.8 km
1,414 m
Point to Point

So many waterfalls and changing landscapes. Made it to the second hut in roughly 4.5 hrs. Highly recommend, not a challenging hike but breathtaking!!!

Great unique hike with endless amazing views. I recommend hiking poles for declines. Check the weather forecast before you go and prepare for the elements. I rate this Hard (and not moderate).

Great hike, the highlight of our 10 days in Iceland. Started at Skoga and stayed at a dorm style Hostel in Basar. Did some more hiking the next day in Thorsmork. We had great weather and the falls along the Skogar river and in Thorsmork were outstanding.

Incredible hike. All of Iceland in one hike. I’d say a bit harder than moderate depending on how experienced you are. We took our tent and camping gear and camped at Basar at the end of the hike. Took an 8 am bus down the next day, you have to connect at the lava center if you camped in Skógar. We got back to Skogar at 1120 am. The information center at Skogar will book tickets for the bus in advance if you need. Wouldn’t recommend driving up there unless you have a good 4WD car. We did see a few older SUVs but mostly ranger rovers and Jeeps. The drive to Basar is across a pretty barren rock field with poor tracks and a few river crossings.

We didn’t want to overnight this one so started in Skógar at 6am and hiked about 8.5 miles to the first hut and then turned around to hike back. Didn’t see the last Valley but was still worth the day trip to see everything else. The hike has it all.

One of the best hikes I have done - As mentioned by other reviewers this hike has three distinct parts - all amazing. The first 5 miles or so is along a river with 20+ waterfalls and cascades. The middle 5 miles is a climb across alpine tundra to the summit where you cross snowfields and recent volcanic landscape. The final 5 miles is a beautiful descent into a green canyon with stunning views across mountains and valleys.

I’m from Colorado and hike every weekend and this was the most incredible and beautiful hike I’ve ever done. We experienced all the weather elements on this day trip... rain, 50+ mph winds on the glacier, cold/sleet (but bearable), and heat at the end. So pack accordingly. I though navigation was easy, but tracked the trail by GPS thru this app. If you plan on shuttling back to Skógar that day, have a plan. We were able to shuttle to Seljalandsfoss on a 6:15 bus, but there were no connections that evening to Skógar. I ended up hitching a ride to my vehicle and had to drive back to get the family.

That's a great one! I would strongly advise to do this along with the laugavegur. It isn't so steep, not so technical. I GPS is good if there is snow, but there are so many people doing this that following the trakcs is easy.

Starting at Skògar and traveling up between the two glaciers was extremely challenging and cold but you pass maybe 20 amazing waterfalls? The view closer to the summit is misty and I would not recommend completing the walk on through Thorsmork without snow shoes and an independent gps as we almost were lost on the glacier for hours, trail markers were buried beneath the snow. The hike back down was worth it though. Overall other worldly hike, but extremely treacherous.

Amazing hike. I went from Skogafoss to Básar. Took about 7 hours of hiking with a break for lunch. Then I took a bus out of Básar to Seljalandsfoss and hitch hiked back to Skogafoss. Definitely doable in a day if you have plans to get back to Skogafoss from Básar (which is the camp in Thorsmörk).

An absolutely phenomenal hike—one of our favorite hikes ever. We camped the night before at Skogar, left around 9am, and arrived in Thorsmork around 4:30, with plenty of stops for photos. We then caught a 6:00 bus back to Seljalandsfoss and hitchhiked back to our car at Skogar.

It’s basically a 3 part hike. The first 5 miles or so are up the Skoga River and there must be 25+ waterfalls, quite a few of them as big and breathtaking as Skógafoss. This part of the trail was incredible and worth the hike in and of itself. For the middle 5 miles, you continue climbing, up between the glaciers and through a lot of snow. It was sleeting, snowing, and freezing with thick fog. Really wild and unique landscape but be prepared for the cold and the wet, and make sure you have a GPS/map and are careful to follow the markers. Once you finally get through the snow, you come over into gorgeous green valleys that will blow you away... just amazing. This downhill part makes up the last 5 miles or so.

This hike has it all. Waterfalls, mountains, valleys, glaciers, volcanoes, cliffs, rivers... don’t miss out on this one!

Amazing hike. We took our time and stayed the night on the pass. Jaw dropping scenery and waterfalls like I’ve never imagined. Knee deep snow, sleet, and green canyons. Truly as good as it gets.