Dragon's Back

Dragon's Back is a 9.2 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near the city of Wan Tsui, Hong Kong that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

9.2 km
464 m

Did this hike this morning and it offered amazing views of the beaches and skyline in the distance. It was a little tricky to get to the trail head from the MTR initially but once we were on it it was easy. On the other end we took a bus to shek o beach!

First of all, I was amazed at how pristine and litter free this Trail was! Given the fact that just a few miles away sits a huge metropolis of 7.3 million people. I truly didn't see any evidence of people having been there other than the trail signs and perfectly groomed trail itself.

As for the hike, it was beautiful! I wish I'd had more time to explore more of the trail network... it seemed to go everywhere and was well marked the entire time. One thing to watch for though, some of the water drainages can seem like a "trail" and we ended up walking up one for a half mile or​ so. which would be no big deal, we just didn't know what kind of critters we're lurking in the dense brush around us.

Overall, a really great hike for all skill levels. Great views, great experience.

Easy - moderate. Enjoyable & scenic walk with good clear signage along the way. Convenient access to start point as well as exit from the end point to the Mtr station.

Nice climb, great view. Not for casual hikers.