Waimea Valley Trail is a 3.1 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Haleiwa, Oahu, Hawaii that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

3.1 km
66 m

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

There is an entry fee for this hike. You will be asked to wear a life vest if you wish to swim in the falls. For more information, please visit: https://fareharbor.com/waimeavalley/items/7943/

Beautiful flowers! Easy stroll with kiddos. Swimming is an option.

Beautiful flora along the way. Heavy tourist foot traffic on paved path to waterfall which is a swimming hole. Super easy, but get off the path & check out the plants, trees & flowers. It makes it more a hike than a walk.

There’s a hefty entrance fee but it’s a well-maintained area.

Beautiful For the price a expected more

Super easy walk, definitely a tourist spot. My two year old and I finished the walk back and forth in about 2 hours with a pit stop in the cool waters at the falls. The trolley going back and forth with folks who decided to ride to the falls and back definitely pulled from the quiet and beautiful surrounding area.

Nice garden and you can learn a lot from. In terms of view, gneh!

This is a nice little trail to meander through but I wouldn't call this a hike by any stretch (hikers, take note). It's a wide well-paved with lots of side paths that weave through gardens and ultimately lead to a great waterfall. Even with lots of people there's lots of room to swim around and there are a couple of lifeguards there handing out life vests. It's really more of a botanical garden than a valley trail, but it's still nice to see. There's lots of info on Polynesian plants and culture if you take the time to read about it.

not bad, waterfall was small but nice 1.5 mile hike easy

Any member of your family could walk this easy path without problem. Lots of short diversion paths to show you flowers and history. Mandatory life jackets at the falls kind of ruins the experience, so we didn’t get in. Nice area and only occasional sun. Enjoyable jaunt.

As others have mentioned this is great for a botanical walk or nature viewing trip. Awesome falls to swim in. But not much hiking.

Not our cup of tea. Mostly paved, options to walk through basic dirt trails that cut off. More of a botanical garden with a path than a trail. Very very easy with no challenges at all. We’re disappointed at the end when we found out life jackets were mandatory to swim in the waterfall. It was a small waterfall at best and as experienced swimmers (and waterfall hikers) this was a bit insulting. We turned back and didn’t swim.

This would be great for a little family activity. Lots of history on this walk and a lovely big waterfall at the end. You do have to pay entry and wear life jackets while swimming in the waterfall but I thought it was a nice day activity.

Nice walk through gardens and vegetation. Well paved. Very family friendly. They make you wear lifevests in the water. Not much variation in elevation. Wouldn't really call it a hike. Costs money but they do have a discount for veterans.

It’s costs to do this. Very nice walk. Can be lots of tourists, however. They make you wear life vests at the falls.

Entry fee was a little high but the falls were cool

Cute walk. Definitely not a hike. Not sure if it was worth the entry fee. Nice little farmers market area, different sellers. Soaps, art, food and drinks.

Very lovely and easy paved 3/4 mile walkway directly to the falls. The pathway is filled with beautiful plants and flowers and the falls, although small, is refreshing, and a beautiful vibrant blue color. As many mentioned there is a $16 charge, but nonetheless, I would suggest this to anyone looking for some leisurely fun.

waterfall a bit overrated. not worth paying almost 16 bucks.lol. nice family walk

Beautiful nature walk through to Waimea Falls. Falls are a little over rated. I’ve seen much bigger and beautiful falls in my hometown in Australia, however the walk was peaceful and tranquil. We arrived at 9am, and it took about 1.25 hrs, slow relaxed pace. We didn’t swim in the falls, didnt feel the need to. I would recommend arriving before 9:30 though as when we were heading back, the amounts of people that were on their way to the falls were growing rapidly.

easy and relax hike

Visitor center tries to make you pay $16 just to hike up the trail to the falls.

Beautiful jungle botanical garden walk (best botanical garden we've ever seen) with a nice waterfall & pool at the end. The swim was nice and fun grtting right up under the falls. We started at 9am and walked around the park for 4 hrs then spent the rest of the afternoon swimming at Waimea Beach. Finished the day off back at the park with a Toa Luao. Great Hawaiian experience!

I didn’t know I would be charged, but was willing to pay to support the maintenance of the garden and education center. I was solo so I also paid $5 to hold my gear while I swam in the waterfall pool. You had to wear a life jacket and there was a lifeguard but I understand they do it for the liability. Water was nice and cool.

Easy hike. If this was a free hike I would give it 4 stars. Nice waterfall at the end. Paved path with some history and scenery. Overall I think its worth the cost.

Did not hike so I cant speak about the hike. $16.85 to hike. perhaps we missed access point for trail hike?

Decided to check out the waterfall today, it was a nice walk through the forest, took about 20 minutes to reach the waterfall and went for a dip. The water was crispy cold but it’s something you should definitely do!!

cash grab. free parking to the beach if you do not mind the walk.

Kid friendly easy hike through the Waimea Valley Botanical Gardens. Plenty to see and do along the hike. Fee to enter.

Entrance is $16.95 because the waterfall is situated within the Waimea Valley botanical garden. You walk 3/4 of a mile in which you'll be rewarded with the waterfall at the end. But before you reach the waterfall, you will be blown away at the numerous beautiful plants and flowers that follows the trails. $16.95 to help maintain the botanical garden and clean up after people's mess? I say it isn't too bad. The only negative opinion I have is the waterfall appears pretty murky. Heavily trafficked and used. If Ur planning to swim, have fun.