Waiakeakua Falls

moderate 116 reviews

Waiakeakua Falls is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.4 miles Elevation Gain: 958 feet Route Type: Out & Back

One of the more secluded series waterfalls in Manoa Valley. Folllow GPS track for directions. Offline map is recommended. Users have reported that the trails are not marked well.

A nice and beautiful hike though didn’t finish because we couldn’t find where the hike went. Some really steep places and mud. It was raining tho.

We did more exploring than hiking which made it fun. Trail was a little difficult to follow with the blown down trees and such.

I know the trail says ok for dogs on a leash, but I don’t recommend it. Between the mud and the grace of the climbs, I had pick my dogs up and help them in a lot of spots.

Looking to do this hike any day from Jan 27-feb 2. I’d like to go with another hiking bud. Please DM me @evonneyyw on IG if interested ;)

I had pretty high hopes for this trail. unfortunately once I got to the bottom of the draw and started back to the right heading towards the falls I had to backtrack several times due to trees over the trail. I spent more time checking the GPS to make sure I was on the trail than actually enjoying the scenery. trail is not very well marked.

We attempted this trail today and gave it a good effort but ended up turning back due to the mud, wet and steepness. Let it dry out a bit before you go.

We hiked it in the pouring rain so extremely muddy and slippery. I agree the difficulty should be changed and it is closer to 4 miles. It was a great adventure complete with essentially repelling down a slippery bank with a rope. I felt like I lost the trail many times due to crawling across the river multiple times and crawling over or under fallen trees. Waterfalls all along the way.

I ended up taking the wrong trail because I thought there was no way the trail leading down to the seven bridges trail would be that steep... don’t be fooled, that’s it haha. Fantastic views and lots of little cavelike things. Loved the hike. The last little bit to get to the big waterfall requires scaling the little ones if I’m not mistaken.

I guess there are competing trail markers for this trail, so I recommend using the actual all trails map. it's a fun quick hike if you have the all trails map. lots of mosquitos

Whew this trail is steep. But it’s super cool back there. I tired myself put by going up Manoa middle ridge trail since I was climbing quickly bc of lack of sunlight (I went out on trail late). I didn’t get to make it to the falls bc I decided to head back but I’ll be going back on this trail soon to finish! I put a waypoint at the place to cross the river to avoid going up Manoa middle.

Nothing about this train is moderate except for the distance. Half way through is a extremely steep down hill that requires a rope to repel down for a short while, and is very slippery when went, which is often. The distance is off as well. Closer to 3.4 + miles (recorded on a garmin forerunner gps) I would come back, but would recommend a change in difficulty for the terrain alone.