Mo'ole Valley Falls Trail is a 3.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Length3.1 miElevation gain1,138 ftRoute typeOut & back
HikingForestRiverViewsWaterfallWildflowersWildlifeBlowdownBugsMuddyOver grownRockyScrambleNo dogs
Waypoints (0)

Photos (241)
Recordings (187)
Completed (433)
Ryan Morrissey
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 28, 2021
View Ryan's Recording
N W
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 25, 2021
HikingMuddyOver grown

Definitely a challenge to find the first part of the trail after entering through the gate.

Danielle Roussos
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 20, 2021
Hiking

Not a great path. Hard to follow which makes it slow going and tons of branches in the way.

View Danielle's Recording
Frank Komack
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 18, 2021
View Frank's Recording
Derek Tinsley
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 13, 2021
View Derek's Recording
Frank Komack
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 4, 2021
View Frank's Recording
Alejandra Drury
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 23, 2021
View Alejandra's Recording
Jonathan Ford
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 20, 2021
HikingMuddyOver grownScramble

Very easy to get lost on this trail due to overgrowth and fallen trees. For me, it was a gem in the rough, with lots of rough. After crossing the Pali and entering the gate in the fence, you will hit a stream bed after about .25 miles, the stream was dry when I went. Don’t cross the stream bed! Stay on the south side and follow it west and you will find a nice and easy path. I crossed the stream bed and wasted so much time and energy looking/scrambling for a path that didn’t exist. The Sketchy Tunnel is at about my 1.5 mile mark and can be intimidating if you are solo as it is a dark tunnel, easily a football field in length, maybe longer. The muck and mud did go a few inches above my ankles and I had to carry puppy through it as she wanted nothing to do with it. Once through, I was glad I did it. After the tunnel your are almost immediately at the first waterfall, which is pretty. The 2nd waterfall is not much further and was really impressive. I spent a good amount of effort trying to find the path beyond the 2nd waterfall. I found some markings and made it up a good number of “shoelace” ropes but the trail was getting harder and harder to follow and I had spent much more time than I had expected trying to find my way earlier in the trail. The vertical climb was starting to get to be a bit much for puppy. I’ll need to go back and do some more exploring, I’ll feel more confident next time knowing the first part of the trail.

View Jonathan's Recording
Alexandria Bolduc
Hiking

This was an overall good experience. We parked at the Lulumahu Falls parking lot, ran across the Pali, and went through the gate. The beginning of the trail is difficult to navigate because it is poorly marked and overgrown, but I downloaded the map ahead of time & once we found the trail it was fine. Definitely wear bug spray. It was very muddy, as to be expected after heavy rains, but worth it for the waterfalls! We went up to the left of the tunnel on the way in for the view & through the tunnel on the way back. The mud in the tunnel was about halfway up my shins and it took 5 minutes to walk through. Cool experience and definitely faster than going around. Would like to do this trail again with hiking boots instead of hiking sneakers & would start earlier so that we could hike further for more waterfalls. Overall worth the trip but wouldn’t recommend for beginners or those without proper footwear.

View Alexandria's Recording
J De
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 16, 2021

So many waterfalls

View J's Recording
Miss Mariss
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 12, 2021
Terri Siwik
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 9, 2021
Hiking

It was a good trail... muddy but not as bad as some... trail is confusing at the beginning just keep left and do t criss the ravine. Trial stays left of it on the way up. Fun and not crowdedness all. Only went to first waterfall.

View Terri's Recording
susan katz
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 27, 2020
View susan's Recording
nikkole andrews
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 17, 2020
HikingBugsMuddyOver grownScramble

For some reason finding trail heads here is not my forté. Crossing the Pali wasn't that bad.. Parked at the other falls parking lot. Anyway like everyone else has said its muddy and not well marked. We used the all trails map about every 5 minutes or so in the beginning. For most the hike you are following next to a creek bed. The trail had A LOT of down trees and we used the bed to avoid some of them. We only made it to the 2nd fall like most other people. Want to come back with a bigger group of people than just my husband and I. We wore swim suits, shorts, and rain jacket. We chose to go through the tunnel first and I made the mistake of saying oh this isn't that muddy and then in the middle we hit ankle deep wet mud. lol. I still wouldn't skip the tunnel bc by then your shoes are probably goners anyway. We washed off at the falls then chose to go up and around the tunnel on the way back. I dont think if it were any more wet we could of navigated it. its very steep and we slipped a couple times but caught ourselves or each other before falling down the mountain. lol. All in All would go back! the tree tunnel thing is really cool and the tunnel itself is a unique touch. BRING BUG SPRAY. we used it probably more than 6 times ha

View nikkole's Recording
Joseph Rierden
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarDecember 13, 2020
View Joseph 's Recording
Tia Swarbrick
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarDecember 12, 2020
Hiking

The beginning of the trail is pretty easy to the first waterfall. The second one is straight past that . I climbed mostly over the riverbed to get to that one, but If do you want to go to the third or more waterfalls you have to go back up and around . that part is a little sketchy there are so many trees that have fallen over since the last time I’ve done this hike and it was only a couple months ago so the trail its not as clear some parts you have to really pay attention not much space to walk . The pink markers are good for the first 2 waterfalls then the orange for the rest . Went to the top of the 3rd waterfall . I’m sure there are a lot more but depends on rain .

Katia Perreira
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarDecember 6, 2020
View Katia's Recording
Jason Hong
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 4, 2020
View Jason's Recording
Sharlene Lowry
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 28, 2020
Hiking

Will get muddy. If you want views go up and around and not in the creepy tunnel. Views were great! We took the tunnel on the way back all the way through, no spiders but muddy haha loved it! And be prepared to climb waterfall shelves, some have ropes for help, some not. Great hike!

View Sharlene's Recording
Tavaris Douglas
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 22, 2020
Hiking

Download the Maps beforehand. It's easy to get off trail. Magnificent water falls, but no real views.

Alex Levy
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarNovember 21, 2020
Hiking

Hard to follow the trail but the waterfalls at the end were amazing

View Alex's Recording
Jerome Aroni
HikingMuddy

We came on a rainy day and only made it up to the first waterfall since we ran outta time. Hike was basically easy in the beginning until the other half is more incline but not as bad as I thought. Planning to go back in a couple weeks to finish the trail with my whole hike group but for now I’ll take this hike than lulumahu falls since it’s crowded while this hike is less known much

View Jerome's Recording
Erik Covarrubias
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarNovember 14, 2020
View Erik's Recording
Bristy Mason
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 11, 2020
View Bristy's Recording