Learn more

Manoa Falls via Judd Memorial Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(126)
Round Top Forest Reserve

Manoa Falls via Judd Memorial Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 6.9 miles Elevation Gain: 2,290 feet Route Type: Loop

Directions from Honolulu: Take the Pali Highway, turn right on Nuunau Pali Drive until you reach a concrete bridge. Immediately to your right is an open area in the ironwood trees. This is the trailhead for Judd Trail. Park along the road at the trailhead. Caution - this is a high theft area. Do not leave valuables in your vehicle.

You're gonna get muddy. You're gonna get wet. You're gonna get bitten by mosquitoes. You're gonna love it though. It's popular for a reason. We did the hike with several small children having no problems. If you have mobility issues, be aware of several large rocks you have to step on or scale.

awesome hike, beautiful bamboo forests and it's actually quite a chill hike overall. there is two gates that say do not enter due to them clearing a mud slide by manoa falls, but there are no workers there on the weekend and you can still swim in manoa falls.

Beautiful! However there’s two construction “do not enter” gates we passed and there’s definitely construction at about .3 miles before the falls we had to turn back....super sad! However! Beautiful trail! It took us about 4.5 hours to do the loop once then start the trail to the falls! We parked at the entrance but there was tons of glass on the ground from prior break ins, so I would make SURE you hide all your valuables.

This trail is not for the faint of heart it’s exteremaly steap and slippery but very fun

The trail is muddy, and not clearly marked in my opinion. Plus there were a lot of fallen trees on the path which made it difficult to see where to go.

Fun trail, pretty diverse. Was still muddy in sections today, but overall not too bad/slippery. Once I figured out the Blue markers were where you DON'T go, they were very helpful -- but I initially went the wrong way straight up to the ridge and had to backtrack... Good for some running at times.

This hike is a little more than 8 miles. It’s well marked but very muddy in some places. I enjoyed the length and the varying flora but the waterfall is a tourist trap. Beautiful to see but very very crowded. Would recommend for anyone willing to do the trek though!

fee

better on the way down

wasn't too bad

This hike definitely tested my will (and my Dog Lincoln) 23Sep19... the day it poured all day.. it was awesome... lots of switchbacks and level changes.. it's like a video game where you get out of one stage and onto the next... I feel like learned allot about myself on this hike... I'll remember this hike forever.

HELP -- friends lost their 8 year old pitt mix named Ewa on Saturday at 4pm. She is 40 lbs, brown and white markings. She responds to "ewa" "princess" and "pretty girl". Please help us find her!!

If your looking for a good hike this is a good one and you can get a three for one. bring bug spray and sun screen.

Didn’t like according to the locals. Going to the other side of the mountain. I didn’t spend more than 15 minutes on it.

Exhausting 8 miles with two 1400' elevation gains. I guess it's what I wanted and expected, but it was still exhausting. All shade. Roots and rocks but no deathly drops. Climbs over two small ridges (lots of switchbacks) and thru a wet valley. There are nicer hikes, but I hadn't done this one and wanted to give it a try. Now time for beer, ibuprofen, and cold bath, not necessarily in that order.

Sat Mar 16 2019

great hike but even though i made a wrong turn. i dont believe all trails distances are correct. i have a garmen fenix 5x and it tracked almost 11 miles

Sun Mar 10 2019

Wed Feb 06 2019

Did this and the Judd trail with my 3 yr old grandson.