Manana Ridge Trail

Manana Ridge Trail is a 10.9 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pearl City, Oahu, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 10.9 km Elevation Gain: 433 m Route Type: Out & Back

This route can be very muddy and dangerous after it rains.

Look out to summit

I did this hike with my 4 (semi in-shape) friends and our 2 dogs. This trail is clear, and has a great combo of wild life and look-out points. The waterfall wasn't running even though it had just rained that morning but it was still a great hike!

9/14/2019-Started around 0745 and managed to find a parking spot relatively close to the trail head. Came across 29 people but most of them were on the way out and along the shared path before the Waimano Falls/Manana spilt. Unfortunately, lots of fruit flies were out because of the guavas and the trail is becoming fairly overgrown after the shelter so our hike was cut short after 2.6 miles in. (We didn’t feel like tromping through too many of the overgrown sections.) Trail is mostly shaded otherwise except for a handful of sections that are open/clear for the sun to beam down so sunscreen is recommended.

made it 5 miles in then had to turn around because I started too late. Best to start this trek in the AM hours. wear long pants because the ferns will eat ur shins. my ankles and shins were raw when I got down. I went on a pretty good day. sunny conditions and it was still a little sketchy at certain parts of the trail. Go with someone!!! Dont go alone. it's a long trail. Bring alot of water. I mean a lot of water. trail goes up and down, and up and down several times. I didn't summit but plan to go back. happy trails all...

Trial begins at a dead end of a neighborhood so you’ll have to find street parking. Short beginning of the trail is paved but then you get into dirt and LOTS of branches. There are more steep areas than flat. About a mile in there is a bench with a beautiful view! I kept hiking until I reached a picnic table (2miles), again this area had great views. Plenty of strawberry guavas to snack on throughtout. The trail is partly shaded and when the winds hit it feels amazing! This trail branches off to other trails which I will come back for.

Went to the covered picnic table, about 4.1 miles. Good hard hike but not too hard.

We accidentally ended up on this trail after hikers passing us said to go left at the trail signs while we were going to the falls

It’s one of my top favorite hikes on the island. Huge vista views along the ridge. Pretty easy just on the longer side. I love doing this hike

This trail is beautiful! It can definitely get pretty steep and is super muddy if you go to the falls. Be prepared to climb up and down muddy rocks. I would suggest bringing extra clothes if you go to the falls because it can be so muddy! The falls are beautiful. A friend told us it was a moderate to easy hike but if you don’t usually go hiking, or if you haven’t been hiking in Hawaii I would say it is hard. Some parts you are just climbing up and down slippery rocks/mud. Just the Manana ridge trail is more on the moderate to easy side but if you go to the falls it’s definitely much harder. Definitely worth the hike! One of the most beautiful hikes I have been on! Also I suggest not wearing any sandals/flip flops even hiking sandals. The climbing up and down rocks in the mud is just too much for sandals/flip flops. Enjoy the trail!

I actually really love this hike. The pool at the end makes the tough hike worth it. Swimming, rope swings, and a waterfall. It's a long and challenging hike, especially in the part known as "cardiac hill."

I LOVE this hike. It is difficult in some places as it is a little steep and muddy. Go on a dry day. The change in scenery is spectacular. Most of the trail was easy for me and I’m a little chubby and out of shape. The difficult parts were difficult, but nothing too strenuous. Worth it!

trail is awesome great views good for Spartan Training . only bad thing is to many to many dumb dog owners. dont keep there dog lished always finding myself Pepper spraying someone dog every time out running

Just finished the whole trail. I would rate this as difficult! the mud is brutal and I almost cliff dived a couple of times. The view at the top is amazing and made it all worthwhile. almost the entire island can be seen from the top, from Kaneohe bay to pearl harbor. Also I burnt 5000 kcal.

Started midday, looking to get our heart rates up with some great views. We turned back at a little less than halfway on Manana Ridge (a bit after the covered picnic table), but it was perfect for what we wanted today. I definitely intend to do the full trail one of these days! Caution if it's been rainy, as many areas of the trail were red clay and were slick/muddy, even though it hasn't rained in a couple days. The trail is also closed from 2/19/19-2/22/19 (approx.) for some kind of pesticide work.

awesome trail. easy for the first 2.5 miles. the last 1 mile is medium to difficult. its fun though

very long trail! not one of my favorites but not bad. easily seen trail and there's signs to guide as well! we too our 2 year old along in a carrier! not easy to find parking while busy.

Get here early because it’s going to get crowded. Great for Family or Solo. We stopped shy of the red line since I didn’t find much to keep us going and could’ve stopped at the confirmed completed alert. The views are good for those who like lush and rich greens. You can also catch views of Pearlcity to Kapolei and Waipio/Waikele. The trail does continue on for another 1.5-2 miles with another 1000’ elevation climb. Not sure how difficult it is and there was one person who did pass up headed that direction. Great trail for trail runners as we had at least 3-4 pass us up as we were starting out. I would recommend checking the weather out before heading towards the falls trail near the beginning of the hike to make sure it has rained enough to actually have a waterfall present by the time you arrive. Will do it again and there’s a lot places to stop and rest if need be.

nice views

Saturday, September 01, 2018

Little muddy don’t wear slippers we have seen some slippers on the trail stuck to the mud lol my husband and I did this hike back to back this week and loved the waterfall. We actually climbed down the rock and got in the water took pictures and climbed back up if you don’t have upper arm strength then you can’t pull your self up so don’t go down if you can’t pull yourself up please. Definitely a nice workout.

Thursday, July 05, 2018

Sunday, June 03, 2018

keep right and look for the pink ribbons that guide you through the trail! The waterfalls are beautiful, with clear water and two ropes to swing into the water.

Sunday, April 29, 2018

We really enjoyed this hike. The full trail is probably closer to 7 miles. We turned around at 3 miles (from the beginning, not the split to the falls).

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

A fun hike that is well marked, easy to follow and gradually builds until the top. Decent elevation for sightseeing for those looking to get good views and gradual enough to trail run or bring the dogs. For those not looking to do a difficult trail, but still wanting the feel and great views of the Hawaiian rainforest, this hike is an excellent choice.

Monday, January 15, 2018

Trail is pretty on point as long as you go when it’s not raining that week! It’s all downhill ends at a pond that’s swimmable. The hike up is a WORKOUT be prepared for that other than hat had no complaints. Hard to get lost