Likeke Falls Trail

Likeke Falls Trail is a 0.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.8 miles Elevation Gain: 206 feet Route Type: Out & Back

It's easy to get lost. Make sure to turn right after the tunnel of trees along the large rock path where the large tree sits. It has lots of graffiti on it, a couple arrows, and a very large limb that points in the direction of the falls. Do NOT follow what looks like a stone pathway to the left, as it will only lead up the mountain side. Instead, take the path that cuts to the right, it is a short walk to the waterfall from there.

We went on a Sunday afternoon around 2:30pm. Parking was super easy at the church. On the hike, make sure to turn left right before the graffiti water tank, and look for the tree with the blue arrow on it 10 minutes later! We made a wrong turn at both. It rained the whole way. The falls were great and you are able to climb up them 60% of the way. Super refreshing to rinse off in but not deep enough for a swim. We hiked it in slippers (flip flops) and we’re fine, although it for sure slowed us down. My friend fell down the waterfall on our way back down as it was slippery. This is way better than Manoa Falls in my opinion and is a great intro hike for anyone who isn’t a regular hiker. This will be my new go-to for taking out of town visitors. Manoa isn’t good anymore since it is so crowded, this one gives you a similar experience with more room to breathe.

Did this hike today with my two kids (10,6). Very kid friendly and as long as you keep looking for the pink ribbons and turn right at the blue arrow on the big tree you’ll be fine. The trail can be slick and is muddy almost the whole way (today was the first day without rain- it had rained heavily for several days prior)but it’s beautiful. Nice and shaded most the way which is a plus. Once at the waterfall we kicked off our shoes and walked through the nice cool pools. The way down seemed easier and faster. To the falls and back it took us a little over an hour.

Good hike, great for kids. can get a bit muddy but definitely worth it. specially nice day after a rain, makes the falls much nicer.

Short and sweet! Before you reach the graffiti, look to your left for a pink ribbon! Follow the trail and along the way you’ll see scattered pink ribbons! Turn to your right at the big tree with a blue arrow spray painted on it! Continue straight and TAAADAA! Super cute :)

A couple tips as I see people are missing the trail. Just before the graffiti tank, look to the left. You should see a pink ribbon marker. Head up that way, and once you hit the "rock road" keep going and look for a large tree on your right with a blue marking on it. This is where you need to turn right onto the waterfall trail. If you stay on the rock road going left, you wind up on the old Pali Rd. If you go on a Sunday morning, you'll have to park outside the church parking area on the access road. Make sure you are off the road (white line) if the cops come by and you are over the white line, they will ticket you (we saw two vehicles get ticketed today)

Couldn’t find the water fall and trail is hard to follow also very slippery and trees fallen everywhere

Falls not as spectacular as others around the island. Quick hike to falls. Tried to find trail to Pali. Rocky, shady trail.

Nice way. Sturdy footwear is recommended as some places can be very slippery and muddy. But we also met Hiker in flip flops. Path is mainly in the shade and therefore good on hot days.

Over the last 2 days, trees have fallen and blocked some of the trails. You can walk through and still find the trail. The waterfall is flowing nicely.

A nice quick hike for after church at First Presbyterian. Lots of rocks and roots, probably muddy, but we'll worth the effort.

Great secluded trail. Short with pretty falls at the end. Trail is quite rocky with a lot of roots in sections.

Easy hike, not too much of an incline. A little muddy. Right at the tree with the blue writing on it for falls.

I love taking my daughter on the hike.

Nice trail. Really pretty falls. It wasn't super crowded when we went early in the morning.

Thank you Eryk -if I had not read your review I would have kept hiking on the stone path. I loved this hike in the forest and finding a waterfall. There is a gradual incline but this should not be too much of an issue for most of you. The hike begins at the Far side Opposite the church and is not marked. 3 minutes into your hime you will see a large metal drum with graffiti- the path starts on your left right before the drum.

Super short but just right. I would recommend this trail for those who can’t hike much but still want to get the taste of Hawaii. If it’s raining you’ll definitely be walking through mud but it stays pretty muddy. Parking at the church and still a view up top. Takes about 20 minutes round trip.

We did it with our kids (ages 4 and 6) and it went really well. It's short, shaded, just challenging enough for them, and has a good payoff with the waterfall. I would do it again. We did it on a weekday morning and it was not busy at all.

Fun short hike. Super muddy so be careful. Falls were flowing pretty well when we went. If you go on Sunday, wait until at least noon when church is over. No hiker parking while church is going on. We didnt have any trouble finding the falls. There is a tree that points the way when you get to where the path splits.

Easily one of my favorite trails as it’s easy, short, and has beautiful views!

This is an easy trail, but I didn’t think the waterfall was tremendously impressive.