Judd Trail

easy 321 reviews

Judd Trail is a 1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.0 miles Elevation Gain: 157 feet Route Type: Loop

This hike has only side street parking. Please use caution in preventing theft by taking valuables with you.

I did this trail alone and i found it very relaxing. You need to cross a stream in the beginning but it’s very minor. Definitely start out the trail by going right. Get the muddy part out of the way and then wash off in the waterfall!

We did this trail today with our 3 and 5 year old kids. They did great although some parts were very muddy. The falls were on the left at the beginning of the trail when you walk towards the stream. Beautiful. The stream was a bit challenging to cross but mostly because of our kids and ensuring they didn’t fall or slip. We went straight ahead after the stream and did the loop, but I think it would have been better to do the loop starting to the right, right after the stream. A few reasons to start to the right: 1- the muddiest part is at the beginning and not at the end so less challenging if you are tired towards the end. Although my husband argues that we would have been muddy the whole loop if we had started there. 2- at one point there was a tree blocking the trail. It was confusing which direction we needed to go. We started going left but we followed the app and quickly figured out we were going off trail. There was a small path that went down to go around the tree. If you start the loop from the right, its more obvious where you need to go when you meet that tree. Overall we loved the trail. Beautiful trees. We only encountered a group of four women. It seemed like we had the whole trail to ourselves. Of note, we noted different spots with shattered glass on both sides of the road where people park. We assume cars were recently broken into... I wouldn’t leave any valuables in the car.

Did this trail with my wife, teenage son and nine year old daughter. Overall, it was a bit of a challenge for her with the muddy conditions but overall, a good challenge for non-hikers. Note we did wander off the trail twice due to overgrowth of the markings, but managed to find out way back. Would recommended and do again, for an hour long, shaded experience for novices.

Great trail! It was extremely muddy due to recent rain. However, my family and I had so much fun! Just make sure you follow the trail close because there is another right around the same area!

the stream crossing at the start of the hike did not seem dog and kid friendly. it was really muddy when we went and lots of branches blocking the pathway (we either went under it or went on a side path that other people created). my husband had our son in a baby carrier throughout the hike and it was nerve wracking watching him get across the stream... we saw other kids hiking too and younger ones (toddlers) were carried across whereas the older kids got across on their own.

Nice hike, but had to cross a stream in the beginning. A bit muddy and slippery. Lots of dogs off leash. Not strenuous, but not easy.

Literally the easiest “hike” to a waterfall I’ve ever done. It was so close to the road. The bugs were horrible though.

Amazing and fun short trail. I love all the water crossing opportunities and the pine forest! A lot of dogs off leash but all were friendly except one. This one is great for kiddos! Three blown down trees blocking the trail so get ready to crawl through.

Come prepared! Prepare to get dirty but absolutely worth the hike for the bamboo forest alone!

This was our first little hike on the island and we loved it. Our kids and dog loved the mud because there’s a fun little area to play in the water and rinse off at the end of the hike with a small waterfall!

A fun, quick trail. Cute waterfall and pool. Natural slide.

Very fun, easy first hike. Was pretty muddy and had some fallen trees (recon mode activated) brought my dachshund in a backpack and had no problems