Judd Trail is a 1.6 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.6 km Elevation Gain: 48 m Route Type: Loop

This hike has only side street parking. Please use caution in preventing theft by taking valuables with you.

brought my 1 year old strapped to my wife's chest and my 7 year old it was fun. the initial river crossing was a little precarious.

Took our kids. Had a blast. Was a fun and easy hike. A little muddy in parts but not too bad.

Wonderful hike! Challenging, crossing the creek on slippery rock but quiet, and beautiful with lots of pines, and bamboo surrounding the trails! Lots of off trail options for an added adventure! Bring bug spray!

This trail is easy but I ended up heading towards the ridge then back to the loop. Lots of pretty green and I only saw one person. Not too much only because it hasn’t rained in a few days. Fun times!

It was a fun trail! We took our kids(10&8) and our two dogs a d we all thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm giving this a 4 star because it's labeled as an easy trail, highly disagree. The length is easy the trail itself is not. As a mom whose always had active kids interested in hiking, if i had brought a toddler here I wouldve been upset. It's too difficult for a toddler 100%. Kids under 4/5 I would not recommend you do this trail unless you are willing to carry them a lot of the way. I'd classify this as a moderate short trail

"Easy" is an interesting rating for this hike. It was easy for kids, but older people wouldn't do well with all of the ankle-twisting roots. I hadn't seen the pics of the "waterfall" before doing this hike, nor had I looked at the map, so I was expecting something very different from what we experienced. The waterfall is maybe a 10' rock-drop of water along a small creek that runs parallel with the road. If you want to take kids on a "hike" to see and swim at a "waterfall", this is perfect; it's an easy adventure! There's a sign with arrows pointing left and right: choose your own adventure. What we learned was that if you go right, it's an extremely short walk to where you scamper down the hill to the waterfall/creek. Otherwise, if you turn left you're just going for a hike for a long time until you come back around to where the waterfall/creek is. Others mention the "slides". There was one rock that had a bit of a slide to it, and it provided some fun. You can also jump off the tall rocks into the pool of water below; but you might want to have someone point out to you where the rocks are in the water, so you can avoid them. If you jump straight toward the middle, you'll be fine. This is a nice "first family hike". I'd go again, if I wanted to take someone on a somewhat easy walk around and to see or swim in a small river.

We had so much fun on this hike with our two boys (3 & 1) it was muddy but they loved the jungle feel and the bamboo. We hiked to the Jack Ass Ginger Waterfall (why is it called this?) and played there for a bit. We loved the natural slide into the water. Definitely a fun afternoon! Wear bug spray. Don’t leave anything in your car. Decent amount of car window glass on the ground.

Pools at the end. Good hike overall with friends. Muddy! Bugs. Park on side of the road. Waterfall and people were jumping off.

absolutely stunning when the sunlight peaks in through the trees

Great little nature trail! Beautiful. Quick and relatively easy compared to some hikes on Oahu. Very woodsy. There is a river to cross in the beginning. Takes some careful steps to keep dry, but what a fun experience. :) Our little dog had to be carried over. No big deal. We will be back for sure. Not much parking. That’s the only downfall, but worth going.

Very majestic. The unkept trail adds to the experience. It looks like you're about to get lost but the farther you go on the trail, the more apparent the trail leads.

Beautiful relaxing

This is an easy trail. Short. Small pool with a rock slide. A local favorite. Beware there is no parking (side of the road only) and cars get broken into all the time here. Do not leave valuables in the car.

Easy Simple Beautiful

I clearly went on the wrong trail but where I hiked was beautiful

This was a decent trail. Very easy to navigate, not very much gain in elevation. Was hoping to see more wildlife and flowers. Overall, way Trail for all! Worth checking out, the water is beautiful.

A very nice trail close to Honolulu city with great bird life. The trees were beautiful but no view from the trail. Easy hike but needs steady shoes due to many tree roots that makes the walking sometimes tough.

Beautiful area to take a nice easy hike.

Easy hike, but muddy. Bring a walking stick

Super easy hike. Short too. Did it wearing my 5mo old and 2 year old is able to walk it except the stream crossing.

Easy walk in the woods and partially along creek. Good for small children and elderly if the first steam is low