Learn more

Hoomaluhia Botanical Garden Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(177)
Ho‘omaluhia Park

Hoomaluhia Botanical Garden Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kaneohe, Oahu, Hawaii that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 1.9 miles Elevation Gain: 610 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

partially paved

Wonderful! Great place to visit. Loved the pond. Well maintained.

Beautiful! Came across maybe 2 people? Everyone stays over by the lake or on the road so the trails are nearly empty.

Tons of mosquitoes. Pretty walk but no shade and a little dull compared to others, but I’m spoiled! I remember going on this as a kid for field trips and it was a little boring then too. That said, for anyone visiting from out of town or with small children this might be a nice walk.

Easy for the family.

Kid and stroller friendly. My 4 year old enjoyed fishing and the view of the mountains was stunning. Easy to maneuver with the stroller. Will definitely be back.

Nice walk, muddy in spots...great for the family!

We went yesterday and my kids loved watching a group of cub scouts fish at the little lake! They absolutely cannot wait to go back and try out the fishing! The lookout was beautiful as well. It was easily walkable. Very little mud and easy to maneuver around. Stroller friendly, no dogs!

loved it

Went today. Walked on the paved and partly paved botanical garden trails and then did the loop trail on this app. We were told by the volunteers at the garden that there was no loop trail and it would be too muddy. It was beautiful. Interesting plants and some birds. Very muddy in parts near the pond. Recommend a walking stick. Also, we encountered several wild pigs of varied ages. One adult charged a smaller pig and we were afraid we may be attacked but we proceeded while talking loudly to scare them away which worked. Use caution as that can be dangerous.

Absolutely beautiful views

On a rainy day, this trail is very muddy. Altogether an easy walk – short, partly paved, flat – and the flora are frequently labeled and, of course, beautiful. I would bring my young Keiki here next time.

As far as hikes in Hawaii go this is a fairly straightforward and easy hike. There's not much elevation gain and there's not much bushwhacking or difficulty walking. However, none of the paths are really marked and you have to find the circle Loop path while walking by the lake.

Wear closed shoes as boggy in places. Interesting to learn about the dam. Nice morning with shade.

A bit challenging to follow the trail that’s not sufficiently marked. Nevertheless, a great hike through the garden.

private property

This trail was a little confusing. There are not many trail markings and I had to rely on my map way more than I like to. Overall, it was really pretty and secluded. It was a little more difficult than expected, but it was a lot of fun. I would definitely do it again!

Beautiful garden And awesome for pick nick

I would like this 3.1 mile trail. Looks to stop and take pictures and the lake full of ducks and koi. Bring bread. After the hike, we went to our car to pick up our lunch at the various picnic table. Very quiet and peaceful place.

Sun Jun 23 2019

Very relaxing and a great place to have family time . I highly recommend for anyone.