Twin Falls Trail [PRIVATE PROPERTY]

Twin Falls Trail [PRIVATE PROPERTY] is a 2.4 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Haiku, Maui, Hawaii that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 2.4 km Elevation Gain: 90 m Route Type: Out & Back

private property

Users have reported that the upper trail closes when the water level is too high. During rainy season or after heavy rains the trail to the upper waterfall is likely closed.

relatively easy. we went about 5pm. hardly anyone there. nice swimming hole with waterfall. the foliage along the path was beautiful.

I have to give this a five star rating due to the first waterfall having an awesome and fun 10 foot opportunity to jump off into deep water next to waterfall which was so much fun and exactly what I wanted to do in Maui at least once. The second waterfall and the larger of the two was pretty, but it was very crowded with young local kids. Good for them! But that didn’t make me want to stay long since it was sort of a party atmosphere, not as relaxing. The trail was easy to hike in my opinion, and the water levels were down, so crossing the river was a breeze. I hiked this five days ago.

It’s was awesome. Upper is fun but I didn’t jump. Only 9 ft deep with 50ft drop. Locals did but I was not brave enough. Lower is also beautiful and less dangerous looking. Definitely a highlight.

If you can hike onto the upper falls it’s beautiful! Just did this hike today 28 May 19 and all of it is open! Private property is clearly marked so stay on path! Water is a bit cold but if you just jump in it doesn’t seem so after awhile. The trail is an easy hike I did it in doc martens!

Road further up was closed due to rain. Went in the afternoon and there was hardly anyone around. Fun little pools to swim in.

Flooding, couldn’t go too far on trail

private property

Hike started out great, but we weren't able to cross the river due to flooding.

private property

Beautiful walk, fun river crossing, gorgeous falls. Super easy, can’t understand why it’s rated moderate other than the river crossing. Good stop to stretch your legs on the way to Hana

First waterfall is beautiful but it’s not what I would consider a hike, more like a viewpoint. I tried to get to the second one until I got stopped by local farmer, it’s a private property and it’s fences all over the place. But I guess if the weather condition was better I would have had been able to cross the river and get there, but this time it was so rapid that I had to use the cable line if I wanted to get over, don’t do that if you don’t have permission.

This is a nice trail that begins on private property. One pretty waterfall at the end. Not very challenging.

Great family hike! I’ve heard that this hike is super busy, but we didn’t experience that at all. I think the key is to go later in the day, to avoid everyone starting their excursions on the road to Hana. We got there around 330 pm and only saw a handful of people. We were totally alone at the 2nd waterfall and didn’t see a single person on our way back down. The 1st waterfall is super close. If you want to do the 2nd one, you’ll have to go through a gate which has a bunch of signs talking about how dangerous it is, and how it is for experienced hikers only. It wasn’t at all difficult for my kids. I think they have them up to make sure people are being cautious. I could see it being intense if there had recently been a lot of rain or something, but it was really quite mild when we went. Beautiful trail. Breathtaking waterfall!

Stream not crossable , it’s a Raging river right now. Pretty muddy since it’s been rainy and the upper trail was closed so u can walk maybe 100 yards in wet mud to see beautiful vegetation and have some coconut chips at the food truck.

It’s not good right now, best time to go not in the winter. We went December 4, 2018. River is out off control, too much rain. You won’t be able to swim or get across. It’s dirty brown water raging rolling down. Upper water fall is closed. Tourists r everywhere it’s not good!

This is one of my lowest ratings for any trail so far. The reason is that the hype did not meet my expectations. At all. This is by far the most disappointing hike on Maui. Now that being said, if you can't take the entire road to Hana to see the spectacular waterfalls, beaches, vistas and hikes along the way, and this is going to be your only waterfall, go for it. Enjoy it. Take pictures to send home and call it a five star. If you are taking the Road to Hana and have some other points marked to explore, skip this destination entirely.

Nice walk to waterfall and swimming! Easy for most people, walk through stream with current but fairly easy.

Easy. Nice

Nice to see and we are happy that we did it but nothing special. Very easy walk.

Make sure to jump off the first waterfall! Look for hidden trails cut into twining branches of sprawling trees. Don’t stop at the second waterfall. Take the scramble with the ropes generously provided by a benevolent hiker to the top of the fall and enjoy. An absolute delight start to finish.

The falls are nice, the hike there is super easy, in total a nice experience

Lots of people! Still beautiful though.

Heavily trafficked small, but worth doing! The waterfall is beautiful, so have your swimsuit ready!

lots of people. beautiful falls. bring water shoes.

Very crowded. Basically could have driven to the first and second falls. The upper falls had a nice pool everyone could swim in. If you go to the second falls make sure you have water shoes. Good hike to do with the whole family.

Very nice hike. Easy except for the river you must cross. But take it show and you’ll get through. A little walk over a wall to the river and falls. Beautiful.

Saturday, June 23, 2018

Really beautiful falls. Get there early as it is a bit of a zoo. However most people do not continue past the closed gates marked “experienced hikers only” so once you clear that it is more serene and there are more pools.

Monday, June 18, 2018

very busy "trail" upper falls trail was closed

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Loved these falls for the uniqueness, got a pic positioned in between the 2 falls pouring over, awesome!

Monday, May 21, 2018

This is one of the best easily accessible hikes on Maui. I always recommend it to people. Make sure you go all the way to the end! You need to swim for about 5 minutes to reach the last waterfall.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

When it rains, the farm that manages trail limits public use but allows paid visitors who are part of a tour through. Lots and lots of tourist - so if you’re looking for a nature hike go elsewhere. If you’re just breezing through, this is a nice stopover

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Easy walk. Twin Falls are beautiful. Even though there are many people around, it was worth it to see the falls. Not a private hike. Not long.