Learn more

Ohai Trail Loop is a 1.2 mile loop trail located near Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and bird watching. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.2 miles Elevation Gain: 177 feet Route Type: Loop

I really enjoyed this hike, it was simple to find and the trail was in great condition. The views were amazing and I honestly never knew the place I called home was this beautiful. It was so lush and green and about half way through there is a good bench to sit at and watch the ocean with someone. I would recommend this hike to everyone as it is very simple as well.

Nice simple trail, fast easy walk. Great for whale watching.

Don’t miss this hike! I was the only one in the trail and it is stunning! Easy for all hikers, and the views are amazing. Had a little rain and then a rainbow. Don’t hesitate!

Excellent. Went counterclockwise which I’d recommend. Great coastal views and very peaceful. Bring binoculars. We saw breaching whales.

Great trail and hike! Arrived at 7:30am and only one other car in the parking lot. Great views of the coast and ocean at the end of the hike if you go counter clockwise on the loop.

Easy parking, well marked, well maintained. Was muddy and windy when we did the loop. Very picturesque. Very kid friendly. Did this trail mid-morning and we only crossed paths with 2 or 3 other small groups.

Well maintained trail with beautiful coastal views. We came here around 9.30 am and had the trail to ourselves. We went counter clockwise as we were told this offered better views.

easy stroll with beautiful views of lush green hills and the coast. less crowded than nearby Olivine Pools and Nakelele Blowhole

Not at all crowded and open to the ocean. You meander through low growth with a clear path. Would be good for children.

Scenic hike with views of the ocean. Easy and not crowded.

Easy hike with beautiful ocean views. Gorgeous scenery. Loved the lush colours. Takes a little less than than an hour when you include some of the unofficial side trails.

Beautiful trail. Smooth,easy walking. Views fantastic, nice loop. Always bring water. Not crowded at all on a Wednesday late morning.

This trail was nice! Beautiful views of the ocean. it's a good smooth trail with a little incline from time to time. it had wild cliffs, so be careful! I will be doing this trail again and feel comfortable that I can bring along loved ones that don't want a big hike excursion.

Une petite randonnée sympathique et très accessible

Nice easy trail. Stroller and kid friendly. Nice views.

This is a pretty easy hike. I love this hike it is pretty and nice views. Not very busy either.

Great and easy trail. All skill levels can handle. You can do the 1.2 miles in either direction with small trails leading off for views. Very scenic

Nice hike

Nice easy trail. Beautiful scenery.

Easy, green, and plenty of views! Just a little short in length. Take your time and enjoy the sights. Not crowded at 10am on a Saturday. Might be back for a sunset stroll. Side note: I wouldn’t drive over 45 mins for it.. but doesn’t seem to be too many options in northwest Maui.

My husband and I walked this trail last week while we were in Maui. We started the trail around 10 AM and really enjoyed it. For the first half of the trail we were the only people there. It made for a very quiet and peaceful walk together. We enjoyed carefully descending to some of the cliffs and taking photos of the ocean. This is definitely an easy trail that is very flat and one that I would take other family members on in the future. It is an easy drive from Lahaina. Definitely recommend.

Mon Apr 08 2019

Nice easy hike for all levels of fitness. Nice views of the ocean and plant-life. There are no signs for this trail on the road. There is a small pullout for parking and a sign at the beginning of the trailhead. .

Sun Apr 07 2019

A very pretty walk with an easy well marked trail. There were only two other hikers on the trail which added to its charm. A great novice trail

Sun Mar 10 2019

Trail was well marked and easy to follow. The views of the ocean were great. This a very good trail for novice hikers. Worth the hike if you are in the area.