Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Lahaina Pali Trail from the Ukumehame (West) Trailhead

hardYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(295)
Papalaua Wayside Park

Lahaina Pali Trail from the Ukumehame (West) Trailhead is a 4.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.3 miles Elevation Gain: 1,574 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Good trail with good views. No shade! I recommend doing this hike at night during a full moon. Be careful of heat.

Great hike if you’re looking for a challenge. Start early in the morning to beat the heat and blazing sun. Bring lots of water!

Great views! Pretty strenuous, and hot. We didn’t complete the trail, just too hot for us. Worth trying.

great trail.....legs were like hello after coming back diqn.....gorgeous views, challenging, started early like other reviews said to at 630am....glad we did, can see how it would be brutal with the sun....super windy at times but was welcomed to dry the sweat :)

We did the west trailhead to center walk and back. As a 65 year old man with some health issues I found it accessible and really enjoyable. Great views. My partner is a fit 60 year old woman. The steep parts require rock climbing which is slow and easy. The grade otherwise is moderate with many flat areas. Going down was challenging on the knees but not too difficult. I found the app sent me through Google to the wrong place. The west end starts between mile 11 and 11.3 on the 30 near or just past the tunnel depending on your direction with parking in a treed area across from the ocean. Highly recommended.

very Rocky and it climbs quick

Not a big fan of this one mostly because it was all rocks. Very slow hike. Good views though. It was also extremely windy that I felt uncomfortable.

this trail is hard based on the type of trail. Elevation only considered it would be moderate. The trail is very rocky my daughter and I definitely felt like a Billy goat on this trail. be sure you wear really good hiking shoes. i still twisted my ankle coming down. but if you have the time and lots of water it is one of the most beautiful hikes you will ever do! we took one entry to the other side too see it all and ubered back to our car

Really liked this trail! Challenging and rocky but quite scenic. Make sure you look for the trail when first leaving the trail head, it’s easy to follow the fire/service road by mistake. There is a yellow arrow on the pavement directing you to the trail.

Solid 4 or so mile hike. It was super overcast when we went so the visibility wasn’t great but we could still see the ocean beyond the hazy sky and across to the adjacent island.

Windy, rocky, terrific. Definitely moderate rating not hard. Turned around at 3.0 miles. East views toward Wailea views worth a little extra distance past the windmills. Leisure pace did 6.1 miles in 2:21. Definitely recommend for a good early morning workout.

My husband and I enjoyed this hike on Sunday 11/24. It was a great spot for us to get out of Kihei for a bit. The pull-out is easy to find right along the highway. The trail has a very neat history. The views are spectacular as you get higher on a clear day. It is super windy. Trail is very easy to follow and not technical (just rocky). I would definitely recommend hiking early since there is no shade.

There was a recent fire leaving the hike pretty rocky and dry. Definitely go early in the morning so you don’t overheat! Gets very hot but has beautiful views of the ocean. I only finished 1 mile.