Photos of Nu'alolo Trail and Awa'awapuhi Trail Loop

Distance: 10.6 miles Elevation Gain: 3,382 feet Route Type: Loop

Only intended on doing the awa'awapuhi trail. Noticed another trail off to the left on my way down. When I got to the lookout decided to go back and check out the other trail. So glad I did. The awa'awapuhi trail was cool but it was super crowded and the lookout was just alright in my opinion(probably just because of all the people). The one at the end of nu'alolo is way better. There's a cliff you can walk along and some cool spots to climb down to. And the views were insane. I only saw 2 other people on the entire 5 miles of trail after I deviated. The climb back up to the road was pretty awesome too. Still had to hike 2 miles back up the road(which was steep) to my car but that just added to the fun. Keep it in mind though if you're wanting to do the loop. If you don't want to do the hill at the end you can park at nu'alolo and hike up awa'awapuhi so the end is all downhill. This loop is around 10 miles with the lookouts so bring lots of water. This hike is incredible. Definitely one of the best hikes I've done.