Hideaway Beach Trail is a 0.5 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 0.5 km Elevation Gain: 25 m Route Type: Out & Back

beach

Short hike down to a spectacular Kauai beach near the Princeville St. Regis.

Gorgeous, secluded beach well worth heading to. There is a portion of the climb up and down that may be difficult to some people as it has little area to step and is very steep. Absolutely well worth it! Bring your snorkeling gear on this hike!

Incredible beach and getaway. Parking is tough which makes it not too crowded, so if you figure it out then it’s well worth it! Spent 2 hours just hanging out and relaxing, absolutely beautiful! My wife and I walked 2 miles from out Air B&B. Hike was very short and if you do any hike in Kauai and are comfortable then this won’t bother you, we did it in sandals and took 10 min.

This is less of a trail than an interesting route to an amazing secluded beach. Wear good shoes and bring your beach chair and bathing suit. This was our favorite beach experience in Kauai.

First part is flat but overgrown. You come out at a really pretty lookout over the ocean before you start the decent down. It's short but very very steep. There are ropes on both sides to help you. If it's muddy at all I'm not sure it would be good to do. You must have some upper body strength to pull yourself back up the hill with the ropes. Wear good sturdy shoes, not sandals. The beach at the bottom is beautiful and secluded with a reef for snorkeling.

Slippery and steep. Lots of shade. Very small beach.

Descent and up fairly steep. However there are ropes to help you. The beach at the bottom is beautiful. It's worth the detour.

Great beach and there is another secluded more hidden beach left of Hideaways. You just have to rock scramble during low tide. Worth it Hike!

Slippery, steep, muddy path. Going back up is way easier than down. The beach at the bottom is 10000% worth it

Why is this being called a trail? It is a few hundred yard steep decent that I would never bring my 3 year old down let alone my parents. This is a pretty dangerous scramble if you don’t have decent footwear or experience with steep trails. It should not be classed as easy nor a trail. Many tourists coming here from big cities and no exposure to this kind of access could get seriously injured. Once down it is an incredibly beautiful place and not to be missed. I will have fond memories of finding this. Please note there are only 6 parking spots so likely will need to valet park with the resort next door.

Mind boggling beautiful beach. Super fun short rope hike down.

I wouldn’t classify this as a hike. It’s a short, vertical access to a very beautiful beach at the bottom. There are ropes - I saw a few seniors and kids go up and down and so, I would say it’s very manageable. If you are looking for a hike, you will be disappointed. If you are looking for a great beach experience, then it will be fine.

I highly recommend braving the climb down for the beach, but be weary if it’s raining or it has been raining. My husband and I really wanted to go and as soon as we started going down there was a DOWNPOUR. We had to wait it out, as a family was stuck on the trail down. They came back up, and the rain stopped, but it was SLIPPERY and muddy, all the way down. Imagine just hiking down a steep slope with no places to put your feet on wet clay. This was a great experience and worth the struggle, but come prepared with adequate footwear. We had on some waterproof hiking boots, which did the trick.

Great short little amble been there 2x Really beautiful sunset

This is a trail to a nice little beach. Trailhead starts between the parking lot and the tennis courts. It is very steep in some spots and you need to use the ropes to get up and down. It gets very slippery if it's raining.

Very beautiful and serene. The trees, the beach, the roosters are worth the trip even though it’s short.

Great beach, we enjoyed hanging out in the water and the snorkeling there. We even saw a few turtles. It’s worth the trek down and up.

Did this twice in one day because it was so beautiful i wanted to go back! Went in the morning - waters are so gorgeous when it’s sunny. Went again to watch the sunset and snorkel. Some fun swings hanging in the trees too! I wouldn’t call this a “hike” because it’s more of a steep trail down to the beach than anything- but it’s still super cool! Saw parents each carrying a baby down so it’s not that hard ;) the ropes are very helpful. Pack light if you’re bringing beach gear.

The trail is quite vertical and not much of a hike. But the secluded beach at the end is well worth the time.

This beach was AMAZING!!! The path is very steep so it is best to wear tennis shoes! The work required to get down and back up is totally worth it. The view is breathtaking!

We did this today after a week of heavy rain and rain today. There was about a 45 minute window of sunshine so we took it! The trail is between the fences and then goes down a very steep trail. From the rain it was VERY SLICK and MUDDY and quite strenuous. I don’t know what it would be like on a dry day but after heavy rains this trail was not for small kids or anyone who can’t climb, and scale down holding the ropes. Only takes 10 min or less.... The beach at the end was the prettiest we have seen though and totally worth it!

Gorgeous little slice of heaven- totally worth it for the 10 minute hike. Snorklers saw dozens of sea turtles, and we even saw a seal, planning to go back in a few days.