Mount Qua Qua

Mount Qua Qua is a 4.3 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Saint Andrew, Saint George, Grenada that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

4.3 km
244 m

Decent views of the island if it happens to be clear. We went at the end of May, which is during the transition period of dry to rainy season, so I suppose we shouldn’t have been surprised by the amount of moisture, but it made for a miserable and potentially dangerous trek. The trail was muddy to begin with which made the steep, albeit short, sections of the trail extremely slippery. On top of that, there was about 15 minutes of torrential downpours, despite the forecast calling for only 20% chance of precipitation. Coupling the slickness with the fact that a good amount of the trail was very narrow with extremely steep drop-offs on either side made Mt Qua Qua the most dangerous hike I’ve attempted. For comparison, I’ve also climbed Gros Piton in St Lucia and Cascade Mountain in the Adirondack high peaks. I would not try this hike again without the aid of spikes and trekking poles unless it was dead of dry season.

It was muddy when I went so make sure you're ready for lots of mud! It's absolutely beautiful. I felt Like I was in jurassic park. There are some steeper portions but none that were too long. Lots of shade and places to rest and an amazing view of Grand Etang lake!