Fira to Oia

Fira to Oia is a 19.6 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Thira, South Aegean, Greece that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

19.6 km
724 m

historic site

Taking our time on a scenic hike from Fira to Oia

Amazing views. Super hot in July, but a great workout and totally worth it!!

Incredible view! Great hike. The sun was pretty relentless but we were prepared with hats, sunglasses and sunscreen.

Incredible views of the sea!

Great time to stretch the legs after some beach time.

To much people in Oia.

This is a super pretty hike along the edge of the caldera.

Awesome hike with spectacular view of Santorini, sapphire ocean and landscape surrounding.

Perfect temperature for the hike at the end of March. My friend’s mother came along as a first time hiker. We went slow with a lot of stops but completed the hike in about 3 hours. She is now able to say she is a hiker!

Amazing views

Thursday, July 27, 2017

I did this trek in early-October while staying in Oia, after an unforgettable ten days sailing the Cyclades. I started in Oia and went a little more than halfway, where I rendezvoused with a friend who was staying in Fira; we walked back together to Oia for dinner. This is a walk-hike mix trail with just enough incline to keep your heart pumping. You're exposed the entire time and I underestimated the need for water -- bring a good two liters. This is a perfect trek for beginner hikers and a must-do for photographers. The distant perspective of Oia (and I imagine Fira) is absolutely stunning. I didn't do this during sunrise or sunset, but will make a point of it next time (although watching the sunrise and sunset anywhere in Santorini are among the best in the world!). There's a bus that runs between Fira-Oia and Oia-Fira throughout the day, so you can make this a one-way hike, if you want. Just check the bus schedule -- and know they won't run on time; you're in Greece!

Thursday, July 06, 2017

Did this as my first solo hike. So enjoyable! I began at 6pm and met my family for dinner in ammoudi bay at 830pm (drenched in sweat). Beautiful views of the caldera from high on a ridgeline. The path itself is mostly cobblestone, with some dirt path, ending in the white marble sidewalks of Oia. I recommend doing this as a sunset hike, if you can stand the heat!

Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Did the walk several times. With cameras and interaction with everything/everybody we saw it took 4+ hours. Delightful!! As a (mere) walk it was 1:50 from Fira to Oia. Worth doing it each morning on a trip filled with good food and drink.

Monday, June 05, 2017

Amazing views. Bring a bag for garbage.

recorded Fira to Oia