Kramerspitz & Kramersteig

Kramerspitz & Kramersteig is a 15.1 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Bayern, Germany that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October.

15.1 km
1302 m

Amazing views and beautiful hike! However, the map shown here seemed to be a little outdated- we ended up going 13 miles instead of the 9 listed here! It made for a long hard day, but the views are worth it! Be prepared for a long day and consider getting more updated info before you go.

Beautiful views throughout the trail

Great views in every direction and easy to navigate.

A very beautiful trail but harder then I expected! Make sure you bring plenty of water and don't choose a day that's too hot. The hike takes a good 9h so plan accordingly.

Also, Garmish-Partenkirchen is a beautiful city. Worth a stay!

Friday, June 09, 2017

This was a wonderful and challenging day hike. It took my husband and I 9 hours to complete with a few breaks and a stop at the summit for lunch. We were so lucky to have perfect weather for our hike. The scariest part was crossing the snow on the slope on the backside of the mountain, but the views at the top were worth it. I recommend taking the loop counterclockwise as we did. The way down was a tad longer, yet easier than the ascent. We hiked this at the end of May on the Tuesday before Ascension Thursday and we only saw six other people on the trail. This has been one of my favorite hikes yet.

Friday, October 07, 2016

Beautiful and well-marked trail with amazing views of Zugspitze and the Alps. It's a steep climb, but not too difficult. The trail is popular with locals and quite busy, but definitely not overrun like the trails on the opposite side of the valley. Along the way are a bunch of alpine cabins & farms offering Bavarian food.
Another plus is that this trail is easily accessible by public transport, e.g. from Munich. Just take the train to Garmisch-Partenkirchen (approx. 1h) and walk from the train station to the trail head.

Sunday, June 11, 2017