Our hike was Wednesday 9/15/18. It was difficult for me but only because I was out of shape from resting a plantar fascia injury several weeks and recovering from a cold 2 days prior to hike. Preikestolen, Trollkirchen and Trolltunga were all more difficult. Also I wore athletic shoes as I didn’t bring my hiking boots and my feet were wet, cold and miserable. We didn’t make the whole loop but did in and out for total of 8.7 miles. Had I been better conditioned we could have done the loop. For reference I am 61yo and my husband is 54 but we both are in great condition and with exception of my recent downtime we work out regular and run.

As to the hike it was absolutely stunning! If you are a fan of water, rock, and flora this is a great hike. Tunnels through the rock feel like caves ( watch your head and hang on to rails, rock/wood wet and slick) waterfalls, forest, wooden bridges, rock trails (ankle support recommended) , everything for the explorers heart! I’ve posted pictures for your pleasure .

There were families on this trail, baby’s carried, small children, and dogs. There are places to get refreshments, we didn’t partake but it smelled wonderful! Pretty sure I smelled Kaiserschmarrn!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiserschmarrn Bathrooms are 50c at gorge entrance and the fee for entering Gorge was €5. Each. There may be discounts or free for children, not sure since it didn’t apply to us. http://www.hoellentalklamm-info.de/ can provide more information.