The Broth Circuit is a 7.1 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lestre, Normandy, France that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips.

DISTANCE
7.1 km
ELEVATION GAIN
157 m
ROUTE TYPE
Loop

hiking

nature trips

walking

river

views

historic site

Plan boots for this charming easy path, dotted with delicious bridges over streams and various built heritage. 0 - Departure from Lestre, at the foot of the Saint-Martin church, with a belfry and a 13th century portal. The walls are built with fish bones and bear Roman modillions. 1- View of the chapel Saint-Michel, in the town of Lestre - Partly Romanesque (XIIth) it is decorated with geometric symbols or grimacing figures (frequent in the Cotentin). Having attracted the attention of Mérimée, it was one of the first monuments listed in the nineteenth. 2 - Tourville Castle, 18th century, built by Jean-Louis Avice of Tourville then taken over by Louis de la Bretonnière, "inventor" the port of Cherbourg and 1st maritime prefect. Go back 400M facing the feudal motte. 3- The most important feudal mound of Normandy (in the Xth century) is near the tower invaded ivy of the old church of Tourville. 4- Under this bridge which is not blue despite its name, Bouillon and Sinope meet. The latter, 25 km long, has its source in Montaigu-la-Brisette and flows into the English Channel at Quinéville. Notable points nearby: The Cour de Lestre, in the Bourg de Lestre: Manor-farm, XII-XVII, which was the home of the lords of Lestre. There lived Raymond Godefroy, a peasant writer, who published several collections of tales. Today, sculptures are exhibited there. Sainte Colombe Church, Crasville: built in the 12th century, but its current form dates from the 17th century. Only the triumphal arch between the choir and the nave is medieval. From there, you should not miss the point of view on the Hougue, the Cul de Loup and the Bay of Morsalines. Château de la Brisette in Saint-Germain de Tournebut: eighteenth century castle, composed of a main facade that is reflected in its pond. On the sides two pavilions slightly advanced and on the back the old stables. Former station of Saint-Martin-d'Audouville: railway node between the lines of Tue Vaques, commissioned in 1886 to reach the Val de Saire. It was one of the small trains that lasted the longest: 64 years of service (stop in 1950). Castle Quinéville (open to the public): medieval mansion destroyed by the English, the current 18th century castle has 2 side pavilions.