Tour du Mont Blanc

Tour du Mont Blanc is a 159.3 kilometer loop trail located near Les Houches, Haute-Savoie, France that features a river. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking.

159 km
10415 m

Absolutely one of the best treks I've ever done! We camped so carrying all of our stuff made it more of an adventure and much cheaper! Camp sites were great and the scenery is the best you can get.

Best backpacking trip of my life so far! 9 days mostly tent camping. Almost after there was an incredible view from a high up pass that we worked hard to reach. Challenging but so worth it!

geocaching

Takes time to enjoy it.

Absolutely one of the best hikes in the world. I've hiked/backpacked in Costa Rica, Kenya, Tanzania, Croatia, Nepal, Japan, Peru, Hawaii, and throughout Colorado. I would hike the TMB again any year.

My wife and I took 8 days to complete the tour, staying in refuges along the way. It was every bit as beautiful, poetic, peaceful, and exhilarating as we had hoped for. There are plenty of in depth descriptions online. You can hike with as much or as little support as you like. (We put our own trip together from A to Z.)

My advice to you is to go do it. Book your plane tickets this month and make it happen. You'll not be disappointed.

completed this epic hike in 2013 and 2015. Amazing experience on many levels. The scenery is magnificent. We were fortunate to have sunny days throughout our hike. The food served at the mountain huts were hearty and plentiful.
Sources for water were abundant.