Tour du Mont Blanc

Tour du Mont Blanc is a 96.4 mile loop trail located near Les Houches, Haute-Savoie, France that features a river. The trail is rated as difficult offers a number of activity options.

the best I ever walked

I hiked this trail in 4 days in 2014. I would like to go back and spend more time

Absolutely loved doing this hike. The trails are incredibly well marked. If not in shape like I was, it’s tough, but doable. Did the 11 days hike, about 10 miles a day. Did a mix of camping and refuges for overnights.

Once in a lifetime experience!

6 Days trail running with a great deal of training up front and overnights at hotels with luggage transport between (there are services for this). Pretty much one of the most glorious experiences ever - landscape changes every day and you get sheep, cows, rock goats,marmots, glaciers, rock scrambles, winding paths with fantastic resources along the way: water stops and rest stops with bathrooms and meals to buy.

Muy variado. Excelentes paisajes. Bastante esforzado. Recomiendo 100%.

Absolutely one of the best treks I've ever done! We camped so carrying all of our stuff made it more of an adventure and much cheaper! Camp sites were great and the scenery is the best you can get.

Best backpacking trip of my life so far! 9 days mostly tent camping. Almost after there was an incredible view from a high up pass that we worked hard to reach. Challenging but so worth it!

Takes time to enjoy it.

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Absolutely one of the best hikes in the world. I've hiked/backpacked in Costa Rica, Kenya, Tanzania, Croatia, Nepal, Japan, Peru, Hawaii, and throughout Colorado. I would hike the TMB again any year.

My wife and I took 8 days to complete the tour, staying in refuges along the way. It was every bit as beautiful, poetic, peaceful, and exhilarating as we had hoped for. There are plenty of in depth descriptions online. You can hike with as much or as little support as you like. (We put our own trip together from A to Z.)

My advice to you is to go do it. Book your plane tickets this month and make it happen. You'll not be disappointed.

Friday, January 27, 2017

completed this epic hike in 2013 and 2015. Amazing experience on many levels. The scenery is magnificent. We were fortunate to have sunny days throughout our hike. The food served at the mountain huts were hearty and plentiful.
Sources for water were abundant.

recorded Les Houches - Contamines