Box Hill, Lodge Hill, and Juniper Hill Circular

Box Hill, Lodge Hill, and Juniper Hill Circular is a 12.4 kilometer loop trail located near Tadworth, Surrey, England that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running.

Distance: 12.4 km Elevation Gain: 570 m Route Type: Loop

historic site

This walk is a mix of easy and hard areas. It takes you down into the valley and back up again. Some of the walk is through woods and open fields. There are paths going in different directions and up and down steps. There is also a pub for food or drink, if needed.

Here again for the 3rd time I a month, Just love this walk, It’s a good burn out. Just wanted to see how quick I could do it, At a fast walk it’s just under 2.5 hours.

it is great expect a few hard yards on uphill climbs I did it in just over 2 hours but was working hard to do so

This is a very interesting walk, Hard bits and easy bits, Taking you up the hills and back down, Some parts through the woods and some parts in the open fields. Lots of paths going in different directions and lots of steps up and down through the woods, We came across many people along the way, Using the app helped us keep in the right trail. There is even a pub to get a drink and food if needed, I would recommend this.

I’ve done this hike a few times now and I love it each time I do it. This hike takes you down into the valley and back up again : or 4 times. Some of the walk is through woods. Some on open fields. Some fling up and down steep slopes. It took me 2 1/2 hours but I did it on my own today. In past I’ve done with others so stopped and chatted more lol

This is a lovely hike but personally I found it too tough - too many steep ascents and slippery descents. In my view it should be rated ‘Hard’ not ‘Moderate’. Beautiful countryside though.

I just only started hiking/walking but this trial is somewhere between moderate and hard. The sings (red arrow) are on every turn so you dont really need a phone. Need a plenty of water and some snacks. Some inclines are challenging but the views are worth it. Whole walk can be done in less than 3hrs. Main car park on Box Hill was full when we came back, around 1pm on Sunday so be aware. Overall really good walk but defo not easy.

A challenging trail, I don’t know if it was because come off back to back 5 mile trails in few days and the heat, plus I’ve only started hiking in July to get my fitness up. I found it difficult on the inclines, there are quite a few on this trail, I really enjoyed it though will defo come back again and few months see if it’s easier for me, wouldn’t do if you want a casual hike, would recommend a walking stick, what I didn’t have would of made life easier. A sun hat also what I didn’t use, lots of water. Enjoy

Absolutely stunning !!

Really beautiful area. It took us 4 hours to complete a full lap with a few stops along the way. The Box Hill car park has loads of space and is £1 per hour and has a cafe with lots of nice food. It has a few steep climbs. The path is easy to follow if you follow the red arrows.

It's called Box Hill Trail, easy to follow but I used a lot the map. Bring food, there are no many places to have a snack.

Great route & Easy to follow. Worth grabbing a leaflet from the National Trust hut before you set off but it’s easy enough to follow the red arrows as you go round. Hills are hard work but the views are worth it :)

Lovely route, definitely harder than moderate though that’s for sure! Lots of stairs and inclines, but beautiful none the less! Enjoyed the cows too!

Nice varied hike including open space and lots of woodlands. Enjoyed the cows and sheep too!

Very hilly and tough but a beautiful walk, definitely worth it. Make sure you get a map from the National Trust Information Hut at the start as you will not get any signal and the app will not pick up your destination. You’ll need the Box Hill Hike Map. Failing that just follow the red arrows.