Langsett Reservoir Walk

Langsett Reservoir Walk is a 6.0 kilometer loop trail located near Barnsley, South Yorkshire, England that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running.

Distance: 6.0 km Elevation Gain: 218 m Route Type: Loop

Langsett Reservoir is near the villages of Langsett and Upper Midhope, on the edge of the Peak District National Park.

Lovely place to explore in all weathers. Personally in some areas I’d say the route can be demanding so not quite easy, however it is a recommended place. Peaceful and the views are on point. There’s always new places to explore on the trail and the local pubs for a refreshment afterwards make the experience that little more spot on.

Beautiful walk around this very pretty area. Unfortunately the views on the moors were under fog so visibility was poor. There were some rocky paths and slight climbs but not too strenuous. Would recommend and will be back when the sun is shining ☀️

lovely walk. I would say it's more of a medium trail than easy with. it recorded 5.06 miles around

Fantastic views and a decent hike, few steep hills but was enough places to stop and rest. Absolutely idyllic!

amazing views ♥️ my favourite place.

Absolutely lovely walk. A mixture of of terrain, from footpaths to rocky inclines. the views are just absolutely stunning. Worth a trip. Note the weather was gorgeous when I went and because of that the car parks where really full.

Good walk, slight hills and rocky in places. Not very challenging but nice views and a nice pub at the end

2 adults and 2 kids with 2 dogs. Beautiful open spaces, plenty to look at and the stream/rocks/cliffs were great for exploring. We spent so long at the water part that making the rest of the walk wasn't easy for myself. Definitely need energy snacks and drinks in case you stop for a rest somewhere or even an explore. Can't wait to to another day.

Really enjoyed this walk, some beautiful scenery and a nice easy route to follow for beginners. We took our children aged 6 and 3 and they managed ( a little help for the 3 year old) to get around and loved it.

been doing this since I was 10 now 44 and will continue and share with friends and family...

Really good walk for me and my Patterdale. Only issue I had that the only bin I came across was in the Car park and the Car park gets very very busy on a Sunday morning so I would recommend parking further away and walking!

great place easy to walk around great views. brilliant for the first timer like me easy parking and good facilities

had a lovly walk round ❤ this is our 1st hike an must say will deffo be back to try the other trails u can take dog loved it too do's get busy so would recommend getting there early ...

Did this with my 6 year old on a snowy Saturday afternoon... He loved it and managed it easily enough (he had wanted to take his bike - it’s not kids bike suitable imo) Really nice loop walk, nice round the reservoir, then up a bit of a climb into the fields and back round Definitely one to do again in the none snowy weather and see the views Loved it!

Beautiful walk with varied scenery right on our doorstep! Loved every minute of it and will be back! ❤️

Lovely with the wild goats! Good for begginers

Great views and a nice steady walk.

loved this , just started walking, the stoney path was a tackle as it's all up hill, but definitely going again , lovely scenery , enjoyed every minute

Great walk

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Can go there by car

Monday, May 28, 2018

Fantastic walk!

Thursday, April 05, 2018

Very busy car park but the route provided is a great relaxing walk to the experienced and a good challenge to the beginners.

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Just started getting into hiking and walking and decided to try this route. Very good, yeah first time going up that stoney hill path can take your breath away but that's just me being a beginner and unfit. Really beautiful views. Definitely coming back.