Otford Walking Tour is a 8.9 kilometer loop trail located near Sevenoaks, Kent, England that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips.

Distance: 8.9 km Elevation Gain: 297 m Route Type: Loop

This walk begins in Otford where you can catch a glimpse of the largest scale model in the world - the Otford Solar System. After a steep climb up onto the North Downs you are rewarded with some fantastic views of the surrounding countryside. Descending back to Otford along part of the North Downs Way you also pass by Otford Pond interestingly designated as a listed building! Please note that the route has a short on-road section and steep climbs may not be suitable for all.

Pretty cool hike, a little overgrown in places but otherwise a decent walk!

This has been one of my go-to staples to get some good elevation climb without having to travel too far outside London. Generally a lovely 2-3 hour adventure (3-4 including train time) with various wildlife (sheep, cattle) nearby and sweeping views atop valleys - makes for great photos. Warning: today around the 1.8 mile mark on this map (ie in the forest, just before the stair climb) I heard a very menacing guttural growl that followed me from above (it was sitting in the trees obviously watching me pass by underneath). I never saw what it was, but based on tone I’d guess a big cat the variety of a panther or leopard! I was on my own, so just kept moving along the path, a bit quicker, and trying not to start a chase. I didn’t think there were any such cats in the wild here in the UK, but a quick google search proves me wrong, so hiker beware! Be safe out there.

One of the more challenging walks we have done with lots of steady inclines and steps!! A good workout... Not a great deal to see on the walk but a pleasant 3 hour walk with our two kids. The ending is a walk along a single carriageway which was quite busy and does take away from the natural beauty of the walk a bit.

mega !!!

Really lovely views for a nice sunny Sunday afternoon walk

beautiful trail beautiful scenery.....for all nature lovers

Beautiful route, mostly easy to follow. One section on a narrow road with no pavement, but otherwise across fields and on tracks. A few enjoyable steep climbs mean it’s not suitable for prams or those who aren’t moderately fit. Some great views across the valleys.

private property

I would recommend this hike for anyone looking for a challenge as there are quite a few muddy and uphill paths.

Great day out Wear proper hiking shoes !

very nice paths, in the beginning a little loud from the highway, but later, views like in the Bieszczady Mountains

Great walk, very well posted. Quite a few people on the path, very nice scenery, a mixture of fields, woodland, road, farms, golf course. Definitely would recommend it. Good elevation in the woodland, gets the cardio to work a bit. Amazing views

Lovely and peaceful! Views make the travel upward worth it!

Saturday, June 23, 2018

An earlier comment lamented at how this trail is incorrectly classified as a moderate difficulty trail, and how it was too difficult for kids and for adults who aren't properly fit. More than 3 hours of walking later, I agree and disagree. When I started out, I looked at the less than 300m elevation and quietly sniggered at our lamenting friend - 270m over 8.9km is usually child's play. Having walked up and down from the 3rd floor of my Victorian flat in London to pick up deliveroo several times a day, I was convinced this would be a walk in the park. And as I walked from Otford to the starting point by a serene afternoon cricket game and a slightly smelly stable, the ground was as flat as some folks think the world is and life looked good. But the 270m elevation happend all at once, after you're past the first straight. At one point it was so steep that steps were built in. I dragged myself up the slope, each step making me wince while also watched grey-haired veterans make an easy job of it. The view, however, is worth it - gentle rolling hills follow, walking through farms and meadows which are a riot of flowers in spring (I visited in June). There are woods too, and lovely, dark and deep - on a sunny day, the contrasts between the open and closed sections of the trail are immensely enjoyable. Having born and raised in India where to be alone is a luxury, it was also a pleasant surprise to find strangers friendly and keen to stop for a chat - back home, we'd do our best to pretend the other didn't exist. Is this an easy trail for a 110kg 6 foot man who is 31 years old? No, but the juice was worth the squeeze. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Great walk for fit and healthy adults, but some of the steepest gradients in the South of England mean it is NOT easy or kid friendly.