Cliddesden and Ellisfield

Cliddesden and Ellisfield is a 10.0 kilometer loop trail located near Basingstoke, Hampshire, England that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching.

Distance: 10.0 km Elevation Gain: 217 m Route Type: Loop

A circular walk taking in woodland tracks, byways and fields in the Hampshire countryside near Cliddesden. There are a few slopes, including some quite steep sections. Most of the walk is on woodland tracks or across fields, with a few very short sections of quiet road. Part of the route is along the old trackbed of the Basingstoke and Alton Light Railway, and the walk also includes a section of the long distance Three Castles Path. Some of the tracks can get muddy after wet weather. There are no stiles, but there are a number of gates including kissing gates. There are some fields where sheep were grazing at the time of writing. Allow 3.5 hours.

Great walk lots of pheasants

I enjoyed this trail but the section named The Drove went on for ages and was very narrow and overgrown but otherwise a nice trail

Delightful walk in quiet countryside just a stones throw from urban Basingstoke. Stopped for a nice lunch at the Fox Inn about half way round. Litter picked on the way round and recovered only six items in six miles - that’s probably a record.

My mum and I did this walk today and really enjoyed it. Scenic walk through woodland and farmland. Perfect for a dog walk which is what we love, only a few times where we had to pop them on the lead for roads but we knew when they were coming up thanks to the waypoints and they weren’t on the lead for long. Always handy when it’s a circular route bringing you back to exactly where you started. Car park is perfect as-well, free and lots of spaces.

Great local walk for my son and I. We completed the walk in 3 hours with a 30 minute picnic stop half way round. Saw a few buzzards and kite in the air. I like the mix of different types of paths in this route: disused railway, ancient carters tracks, bridleways, field edges and country lanes.

Nice walk. Took us about 2,5 hours at a brisk pace. Fox Pub at around 2/3rds way ride round is good for coffee stop/lunch. Also does Breakfast on Sundays from 10.

A local walk for me, great views from the top of farley hill.

This trail took us around 3 hours to complete (with a 15 minute stop at the pub halfway through for a quick drink!). As someone who’s not in the best shape, this was a little tiring due to the inclines/declines but definitely manageable! We didn’t encounter many people on route and we had lovely weather so the route was nice and dry but I imagine parts of it get quite muddy if it’s rained. Overall, very enjoyable and would recommend

This walk is not particularly scenic however it does take you through woods, fields and farm land. I would definitely reccomend walking boots or wellies that you dont mind getting muddy. A very peaceful walk away from all the noise.

Saw this walk Pop up as a new one the other day and it right by where I live. So I took a work friend along and we started the new year with this walk. A nice walk on the outskirts of Basingstoke that will make you feel like you are miles away from it.