Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Cliddesden and Ellisfield is a 10.0 kilometer loop trail located near Basingstoke, Hampshire, England that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching.

10 km
217 m

A circular walk taking in woodland tracks, byways and fields in the Hampshire countryside near Cliddesden. There are a few slopes, including some quite steep sections. Most of the walk is on woodland tracks or across fields, with a few very short sections of quiet road. Part of the route is along the old trackbed of the Basingstoke and Alton Light Railway, and the walk also includes a section of the long distance Three Castles Path. Some of the tracks can get muddy after wet weather. There are no stiles, but there are a number of gates including kissing gates. There are some fields where sheep were grazing at the time of writing. Allow 3.5 hours.

A local walk for me, great views from the top of farley hill.

This trail took us around 3 hours to complete (with a 15 minute stop at the pub halfway through for a quick drink!). As someone who’s not in the best shape, this was a little tiring due to the inclines/declines but definitely manageable! We didn’t encounter many people on route and we had lovely weather so the route was nice and dry but I imagine parts of it get quite muddy if it’s rained. Overall, very enjoyable and would recommend

This walk is not particularly scenic however it does take you through woods, fields and farm land. I would definitely reccomend walking boots or wellies that you dont mind getting muddy. A very peaceful walk away from all the noise.

Saw this walk Pop up as a new one the other day and it right by where I live. So I took a work friend along and we started the new year with this walk. A nice walk on the outskirts of Basingstoke that will make you feel like you are miles away from it.