Dove Stone Reservoir

Dove Stone Reservoir is a 14.2 kilometer loop trail located near Oldham, Greater Manchester, England that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching.

Distance: 14.2 km Elevation Gain: 507 m Route Type: Loop

Admission is free, but donations are encouraged. Parking is pay-and-display, unless you are a Blue Badge holder or RSPB member. Parking cost: 60 pounds/3 hours, or 1.80 pounds for the day.

Fantastic walk. Absolutely beautiful. No path for a lot of the way so boots are essential for your ankles!

Recommended for walking with athletic dogs, even enjoyable on a rainy day - as long as you have the correct boots/waterproofs, weekdays I find the best to walk here as it is a lot less busy!

we went right around this path. I would recommend turning left as coming down the stones was difficult in parts especially if wet. really enjoyable hike!!

fantastic walk. very hard

Brilliant trail, highly enjoyable

Great route would recommend walking up the waterfall rather than coming down so from the start point head left along the reservoir.

Fantastic route, took around 3hr30, some difficult scrambling up some rocks to get to the top! great views

Great trail, nice even tracks to start with. Then gets more complicated further on as you leave the trail and go cross country. I would say that while great and really enjoyable on a clear day, some parts of this hike would be very tricky in the wet and cause considerable problems without climbing gear. The stream is a rocky scramble and would be an issue with small dogs or kids, as would the very steep hills that followed, but a good pair of boots and some effort and you'll be fine. Took about 4/5 hours for the whole thing, i'd recommend a good pair of boots and you'll be fine. I would say that I had immense trouble parking, I went on a sunday in nice weather and spent 30 minutes in a que and then only got a space by blind luck. Worth the wait though in my opinion.

Stunning views, once on the tops it's pretty easy going

nice view !!

Beautiful and highly enjoyable walk. Wonderful views. Descended via rocky path next to stream - a few tricky steps here and there. No problem on a lovely sunny day but perhaps more challenging in wetter conditions. Took about 4 hours.

loved it bit tricky at times with the slippery rocks but take ya time and enjoy the views

Relatively easy to walk with beautiful views

It started a bit boring ascending slowly on tarmac/gritty road but when I jumped left into the wild I started to enjoy it. I especially enjoyed descending and the rougher bit alongside the water stream. This one is suitable for everyone... even kids on bike and wheelchairs... depending on route you take. There is a nice spot at the bottom for family picnic and some games by the reservoir.

really liked the walk and actually not as difficult as we were expecting. if you are looking to go, do try to get there early as it does get busy but you get some beautiful views.

amazing views

Good walk took my dog with me had to give her lift few times over the rocks. Defintly recommended amazing place....

I DIDN'T WALK THE TRAIL. I'm just testing how the app works; first time recording something