Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started
Learn more

Kinder Scout and Edale Walk is a 8 mile loop trail located near Castleton, Derbyshire, England that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking.

Distance: 8.0 miles Elevation Gain: 1,699 feet Route Type: Loop

This route offers amazing views of the entire area. At the top there is some scrambling over scree and it can be very windy since you are exposed but its well worth it!

Loved this trail. I had to keep reminding myself to stop watching my steps and just look up and take In the beautiful views. The most challenging part was going up Jacobs ladder but I did it and I would definitely do this trail again and recommend to others! Total 6 hours with 1 hour of that stopping for photos.

bloody lovely walk. ill tell ya.

Great trail, very steep and slippery in places. Almost had to turn back because our old lab was struggling over the wet rocks on the river you climb up.

Hiked this route many times. One of my favourites in the Peak District!

Really good walk, definatly a scramble at the beginning up to the Peak to start. Took us around 6 hours including lunch and a few stops

This is a great trail, having read the reviews I was expecting to either get a bit lost or find parts hard going. Personally I thought this was quite easy, we went anti clockwise ending with Jacobs ladder. I think next time I'd probably start with that as its quite steep and coming down was interesting but as long as you are careful it's fine. Even without this app there was only 1 part really which wasn't that easy to follow and that's near the kinder low part which has some huge rock formations, everywhere else has noticeable paths. Also it is super windy when you get to this part. One thing I was surprised about was I managed to get 4g signal almost all of the way round. Would definitely do this again but would also like to try something a little more challenging

A lot tougher than I thought and took a lot longer. Lots of scrambling up rocks and scree. Was a wonderful hike and loved the views.

Great walk. Tough scramble at the beginning but a lot of fun!

This is an amazing hike but be prepared to walk over some rocky paths.

Beautiful day for it!