Teggs Nose, Ridgegate Reservoir and Trentabank Reservoir Walk

Teggs Nose, Ridgegate Reservoir and Trentabank Reservoir Walk is a 11.3 kilometer loop trail located near Macclesfield, Cheshire, England that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching.

Distance: 11.3 km Elevation Gain: 518 m Route Type: Loop

Great trail for a moderate walk. Path takes you down to the reservoirs, past farms with sheep and cattle, through pine tree woods mysterious and dark, as well as broad-leafed tree forests full of shrubbery and rugged old trees. Undulating terrain and very visually stimulating surroundins. Lovely walk around the reservoirs, pubs to be found near the roadside for refreshments. Parking at Tegg's Nose Country Park car park costs £3 for the day, cards accepted.

This trail was really good. The scenery and views are amazing and I managed to catch them on a really nice sunny day. I downloaded this route and stuck to it apart from at the end where I added an extra 3 miles. Took my dog with me, the majority of it is dog friendly, I had to lift her over 3 styles but apart from that there are gates that give access to where you need to be. This was my first time in this area but my dog and me will definitely be back.

great hike with variety terrain.