Learn more

The Friend's Hill Trail

moderate(13)
Curi-Cancha Reserve

The Friend's Hill Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Puntarenas, Puntarenas, Costa Rica that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options.

Distance: 3.0 miles Elevation Gain: 1,318 feet Route Type: Out & Back

recorded The Friend's Hill Trail

We did the amigos trail as well. I believe it shows in my recording. Personally go to the clouded forest it’s nicer and not as creepy. Hahaha yes this is a free hike!! But it’s not well maintained and I was a little freaked out about insects! Only due to it being a little wet and we had a scorpion and a snake in our rooms the night following lol.

Nothing special: a wide yet steep forest track. It starts from the Belmar hotel. You can not miss it nor get lost. The view must be good from the top but in August, I got only clouds and rain. It’s a good workout for trail running though : quite steep but you can run all the way, and you can go on your own without worrying about anything else but the odd dog. Beware of slippery mud in the way down.

Tue Feb 19 2019

Good trail, very dusty during dry season

Fri Jan 11 2019