Torres del Paine “W” Circuit

Torres del Paine “W” Circuit is a 70.0 kilometer moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Tres Torres, De Magallanes y Antartica Chilena, Chile that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and backpacking and is best used from October until May.

70 km
2726 m
Point to Point

A breathtaking, bucket-list trek for any backpacker with sights you will never forget.

This place is amazing and beautiful. Experienced all seasons during this hike (the wind was crazy one of the days).

I've hiked all over the world and this is my favorite hike ever. Me encanta Torres del Paine.

Awesome hike, don't know why anyone would rate it less than 5 stars. It's a must do

If I could give it more than 5 stars, I would! Incredible hiking!!!

Seriously people, this should be on your bucket list!! Ferried across the lake to the Refugio and hiked only to French Valley and back. Most of the trail was well maintained, there were a few soggy spots and places where the elevated path needed repair- but the views and the pristine environment make up for that. Did see an Andean Condor or two. Photo ops galore. Definitely want to make it back here someday!!! Love. It.

Best hike I've ever done. Difficult, but 100% worth it!

Excallente!!

Wonderful hike. Great for a solo female backpacker. Very easy trail to follow so no navigational skills needed. Just follow the path. You cannot get lost on this hike and not much technical skill is needed. If you can walk you are already ready! Solo is fine, there are TONS of other people on this trail so I would say hello about every 20 minutes as I walked by other people. Also, since there are other solo travelers, many are happy to chat at camp and you are sure to find camping buddies if you need them! But even when I did not find a buddy I still felt completely safe. Do your research - lots of blog posts about this place and plan the route that suits your style best. I did it west to east with a 40L pack. I suggest a hat with a cord - this hike is very windy, and when I tried to wear a baseball cap it blew right off multiple times. In the end I wore a bandana for sun protection.