Torres del Paine Circuit

Torres del Paine Circuit is a 117.6 kilometer loop trail located near Tres Torres, De Magallanes y Antartica Chilena, Chile that features a lake. The trail is only recommended for very experienced adventurers and primarily used for hiking and backpacking.

118 km
4,194 m

Did this trek two years ago as my first big trip. It was absolutely amazing! The “O” is so much better than just the “W”. The views of glacier grey from the pass will forever be ingrained in my mind. I hope to do it again some day!

Did this trail a year ago. I definelty recommend it over the W trail. The views you get off glacier grey are mesmerizing.

An amazing backpacking trek with great scenery. Here is my full trip report with pictures and maps: https://backpackersreview.wordpress.com/trip-reports/torres-del-paine-circuit/

Excelent and hard at some points!

Friday, March 24, 2017

Just completed the full "O" circuit with my partner and a friend. The mud, rain, glacial moraine, wind and precipitous descent from Gardner Pass made this the toughest hike of my life. At 67 I was proud to complete the circuit without so much as a blister, but I must admit, the trek is not for beginners. Be sure you are prepared for strong winds, hail, snow and frightening ladder climbs.

That being said, it was the most challenging and exciting hike of my life, and the vistas were incredible in the moments without fog, rain and snow.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Only managed to do half of it due to time but it was phenomenal! Been all over the Rocky Mountains and Appalachians, Cinque Terra in Italy, and a few other mountains here and there but the view here is unbeatable! Also the pure primitive state it's all in, makes a true hiking experience.

Friday, September 23, 2016