Wolf Trail 62 Loop is a 7.9 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Chelsea, Quebec, Canada that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.9 km Elevation Gain: 294 m Route Type: Loop

Wolf Trail is a moderate hike featuring many open rock viewing areas of the Gatineau Hills and the Ottawa River Valley. Please note that dogs are allowed on the trail only in summer

It was a great trail. Went during a heat warning, the first 2 k up was pretty difficult since it was all up hill and I haven’t done much activity through out the past 3 months due to Covid-19. I would definitely suggest a lot of water cause I felt like I’d pass out and poured a decent amount on my head to keep cool and drank most before reaching the top. I brought 70 oz of water. But the views were 100% worth it. Can’t wait to go again.

Awesome trail. Very very buggy start this time for the year and we thought we were in for a tough time but it definitely got better as we inclined. It was a great workout with a steady incline and great views. Expect rocky conditions. Might be tough for pups and children.

Went for snowshoeing in February but the snow was packed enough that our boots did just fine. Lots of changes in elevation and the lookout points are fantastic. Bring snacks to rest at the views!

fee

That's a good one...if you head to the right at the 1st marker, it's quicker and steeper up hill. Reminds me to do it more often...

Just wore crampons and it was a beautiful hike to the lookout

You need to park at P13 if you're hiking or snowshoeing because the trail starting at P12 is cross-country ski only. Otherwise it's a good workout, no need for snowshoes yet, we were just fine with our hiking boots and our spikes. Beautiful views with all the snow!

Beautiful trail! Wore snowshoes. Could be done with shoes and light cramp-ons. Winter wonderland at the top. Two beautiful view points. A few of the park’s bigger trees along the way, too.

Amazing!!! Winter wonderland...

Lovely walk; a few icy sections but studs did the job.

icy

Outstanding day. A bit of icing, but otherwise excellent condition.

This was a beautiful trail! There were a few small rivers you had to cross and some sections that were quite muddy so I would recommend proper water proof footwear. The hike was relatively easy, could be considered an easy/ moderate trail. It took us just under 3 hours to complete and we made stops at every lookout. The views were absolutely gorgeous!

This loop is one of my favourites near Ottawa/ occasionally from Montreal. It's perfect for a morning or afternoon. We ( two middle aged moms who used to hike but still stay active) took 3 hours yesterday, as estimated. With snow and water, this would have been miserable without waterproof footware. Several creek crossings and lots of wet rock and wood, so would not recommend to ill equiped or for anyone's first time, at least in weather conditions of snowfall/rain. Terrific views to nearby hillsides, and another over Ottawa river valley. I love the loop. Well marked as 62 from P13. Satisfying Franglais: loop de Loup, or Loup Sixty-two.

Best trail in Gatineau park. For an experienced hiker, this is an easy trail. For a beginner hiker, id say it’s a moderate trail. Dogs love it and you get two good viewpoints

Excellente randonnée! Un peu difficile par endroit mais la vue est à couper le souffle une fois au sommet.

Points de vue superbes!

Paysages tout simplement magnifiques! À refaire!!!

recorded Recording - Oct 06, 02:24 PM

Lovely autumn views. Current water levels low, trail has a few small muddy patches.

Awesome challenging trail, not for a beginner hiker! I would recommend starting the loop counter clockwise, as you get many beautiful views along the way to the top lookout! It took us a bit over 2.5 hours to do the loop, stopping for lunch at the top lookout.