Sugarbush Trail is a 1.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Chelsea, Quebec, Canada that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, trail running, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.1 miles Elevation Gain: 124 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

cave

paved

Note: Dogs are allowed on leash anytime of the year.

If anyone is visiting during covid-19, there are 1 way signs that you have to follow. You cannot go the opposite direction for exploring the place for the first time. I came here to find that Cave that was shown in the images but it was in the opposite direction, I had to walk almost 2km in a loop to get where I was trying to get but didn't even end up finding the Cave. I back tracked the opposite way because I thought it was close by. Then an old guy yelled at me for walking the opposite way and threatened to call the provincial wardens if I continue in this direction. I kept my 2+ meters from everyone but in the end I couldn't explore this wonderful area

Easy trail for beginners and well maintained throughout the winter months. There are a few foot paths created off the main trail for anyone looking to adventure into the woods. Also a big rock enclosure to escape weather changes (rain, snow) about 130m off the main trail (5-10 min walk). Enjoy!

Great one for little ones who don't like to walk too far. Nice & quick for when you don't have a lot of time.

I was a little disappointed when we got there after driving 2.5hours (with 4kids) to find out Meech road was closed so no access to the trail we wanted. We followed the Sugar bush trail instead and it definitely made up for my earlier disappointment!

This trail is gentle, well marked and easy to follow.

Nice easy hike

very beautiful child friendly trail through Gatineau park. not a ton of stuff to see, and The Rock shelter isn't stroller accessible, however the remainder of the path is and the one stroller inaccessible part can be avoided. would absolutely recommend this hiked for anyone wanting to get the little ones out in nature!

Sun May 26 2019

always a super easy loop to walk or run. a little crowded when the weather is nice and parking can be a little tricky. treat yourself to ice cream after across the street. you'll thank me.

Wed Feb 20 2019

Great loop in the winter.

Thu Jan 31 2019

easy, pretty

Thu Jan 10 2019

Mon Oct 15 2018

Great one to do with young kids. Nearby cafes or ice cream for after.

Mon Sep 17 2018

Nice walk for young family with dog.

Sat Sep 01 2018

Awesome trail for the family and handicapped accessible even. Well groomed and wide trail. Highly recommend it for a family outing or an easy trail through the forest. When I went though there was a bears in the area sign but I didn’t see any.

Wed Jul 25 2018

Nice trail for a leisurely hike. Easy to access, lots of parking and there are a few great restaurants and pubs close by to enjoy after the hike. The trail is fairly flat and the loop is easy to follow. There is also lots of great foliage and wildlife, which keeps the trail interesting.

Fri Mar 30 2018

I agree with the other reviews - pretty simple trail, usually lots of visitors, etc. But it is easy to get to and nice for a Sunday afternoon walk in nature. And right next to it is the little village of Old Chelsea which has a pub, some restaurants with outdoor patios, a new ice cream parlour and a bakery with excellent local bread (if any is left when you get there).

Sun Nov 19 2017

Very leisurely stroll through some fairly nice woods. Definitely not a hike, and not many viewpoints or points of interest. But would be good for wheelchairs or strollers etc.

Mon Jan 30 2017

The sugarbush trail is a heavily used trail near Chelsea, Quebec. It's great for young kids in all seasons. In the winter it is one of the only winter walking trails in Gatineau park (most of the other trails are restricted to cross country skiing in the winter). In the spring it blooms with thousands of trilliums. There is a cute little river where you can take some nice photos. The main downside of this trail (hence the 3-star rating) is that it is a bit too popular for my liking.