Sentier du Dieppe

Sentier du Dieppe is a 10.5 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Quebec, Canada that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips.

10.5 km
396 m

There was lots of traffic when I went hiking with friends, making the trail take a bit longer than usual. There were multiple summits along the way with a progressive panoramic view which was fun. The first 4 km (approx) was very easy. Signage was great and the trail was quite clear, even in the more rocky areas. On our way back, we took a 0.8 km detour to the lake which was quite stunning!
Unfortunately we could not complete the full trail as many routes were closed half way. The entrance listed all routes being open so many people on the track were quite confused why we had to turn around at a certain point, it was quite disappointing. There was no reason provided (perfect weather so not sure what it could've been).
I was surprised that there was a $7 entrance fee (per adult) as I did not come across this cost online, and I feel like a parking fee would've been fair instead.
Overall I would list this hike as 'easy' instead of 'moderate'. Barely any elevation, straight and clear trails.

Great hike close to Montreal. Not too difficult.

avec Caro été 2016

easy trail for the familly and great panorama on the top of the mount.

Friday, May 19, 2017