King Mountain

King Mountain is a 1.8 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Chelsea, Quebec, Canada that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from May until November.

1.8 km
93 m

King Mountain trail is a short loop providing many open-rock viewing areas of the Ottawa Valley and even downtown Ottawa, including the Parliament Buildings. It has interpretive signs along the way describing local wildlife and plant life. Easy hike with some steep stairs and rocks.

Good trail but it is best to go left at the fork to give yourself a good challenge and save the view/lookout for last. We did it the opposite way and thus it was mostly downhill!

Great views!

Great loop trail with lots of rocky outcroppings with views of the surrounding hills , river, lake, and Ottawa skyline in the distance.

Great views of Ottawa valley

One of our favourite hikes! Great views at the top. We started at P7 and took trails 8 and 37 to the King Mountain trail. Trail 8 was a bit wet and muddy but it was easy to get around the mud. There was still a bit of snow on the King Mountain trail on the north side of the mountain.

Nice hike. Did it from P7 and it’s pretty good with a few nice views and a nice river.

Excellent trail wth great views of a small lake, the forest, the hills, and a fantastic viewpoint/Lookout on some farmlands, the surrounding Gatineau hills, and the horizon.

You can drive right up to the mountain for a short hike. We parked in Kingsmere and hiked up several adjoining trails to get there. Almost no bugs, trail is well marked and there are plenty of beautiful views at the top.

I personally really loved this one!

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Loved it!!

Monday, June 12, 2017

its a no dog zone. but a wonderful hike!

Saturday, April 15, 2017

très agréable à l'automne, belle vue en haut

Saturday, February 04, 2017

A pretty trail with lots of stairs and some interesting scrambles over exposed rock. My 4-year old was able to walk it with a bit of help and we had a nice view from the top. I would say its more moderate than easy.

A nice play to go to see the fall colours as an alternative to the Champlain Lookout or Pink lake. The parking lot is never as crowded.

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Amazing but challenging trail it should not be considered easy.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Great trail. Easy with breathtaking views. Good for children as well:) maybe not elderly as there is a lot of stairs and incline but nothing strenuous.

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Awesome trail, not terribly long or very difficult at all! It also has a couple very nice look out a long the trail. We went off the trail a few times and there we some AMAZING look outs!

Friday, September 30, 2016

Awesome family hike!

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Great views over the city and river. Close to town. Relatively quick.

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Super vue et très bon Sentier bien entretenu...

Friday, July 22, 2016

My favourite trail so far! Loved the view

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

One of my favorite short hiking trails,beautiful lookout. A must do if u are hiking in Gatinuea Park.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Beautiful trail with a great view! Not too challenging, mostly downhill with lots of stairs.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Great trail, awesome view!

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Nice views and pretty easy hike. Great time with our 5 year old.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

I'd recommend doing this trail during the week if you can - its quite busy during the weekends! The view is beautiful. It's a fast and easy trail!

Friday, June 06, 2014

I had a great time going around this train when I went to Gatineau Park last week. It was a lot of fun and it's challenging for a larger guy like me but I really recommend it for the views.

Bring a camera.