Champlain Lookout Trail

Champlain Lookout Trail is a 11.3 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Chelsea, Quebec, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

11.3 km
319 m

challenging elevation, nice shady trail. lookout beautiful.

I did this trail on a beautiful, sunny Sunday in June. Parked in P12 (across from Meech Lake) around noon - the lot was starting to fill up but still had many spots. First few KMs of the trail I saw quite a few people and cyclists but once I was deeper into the trails I saw very few people. The trail is dog friendly and my dog adored it. Quite a few freshwater streams in the first few KMs are a good spot for the dogs to get a drink. Good trail for jogging. The ticks are really bad on this trail, my dog was covered in them when we left. I didn't make it all the way to the Champlain lookout this time around so can't speak for that. Leaving around 2 PM the P12 parking lot was almost completely full.

great hike

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Nice challenging trail through forest and clearings. Make sure you have bug spray. Parked at P12 by Meech lake followed trail 40 to trail 24 and 1B making a stop at Western (there are washrooms there :) then followed 1B to the Champlain lookout to enjoy the view. Trail 1B to trail 2 back to P12. Enjoyed it and will do it again.

Sunday, August 13, 2017